Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by lazzarello View Post
sudo apt-get install rubygems1.8

this began installing dependencies and in the process broke with a "cannot find ldconfig in path" error. So apt-get is now unable to run because dpkg is broken. this means apt-get -f install also fails, along with apt-get remove.
Weird! From which repositories did you carry out the install?

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Just sent another update to Extras-devel: Easy Debian 0.9.49
Can't see it yet on extras-devel - how long does such an update take usually?

EDIT: Got it now, installed it, and everything looks good. It should quickly go into Extras-testing now - quite a few may shy away from Extras-devel, but will feel less foolhardy to download from testing.

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-06-02 at 22:05.

thanks but unfortunately doesnt, in fact i lost the top panel again...and unable to logout again...tried restoring the image file but no luck still...

Originally Posted by qole View Post
anandv76:

I'm afraid you're going to have to just kill LXDE the "ugly way". Hit Ctrl-backspace, then hit the blue X on the tiny "Easy Debian" window. Then use the Close Debian icon to shut down the chroot. Then try again to open Debian LXDE. Hopefully everything should be fixed.

Last edited by anandv76; 2010-06-02 at 19:49. Reason: missed thanks

Originally Posted by anandv76 View Post
thanks but unfortunately doesnt, in fact i lost the top panel again...and unable to logout again...tried restoring the image file but no luck still...
The top panel is now gone or there and not clickable? Did you do any heavy modifications of themes or suchlike?

Good job on the keyboard fixes, that was driving me crazy because Easy Debian has filled a few gaps I've run into with Maemo.

I do have a question though. There are a handful of applications I am using in easy debian that do not allow me to right click via a touch and hold. Specifically, I am using EBView (epwing/japanese dictionary viewer) and to activate SCIM I have to bring up the right-click menu and select it via the input methods list (key bindings, etc. don't respond.) Unfortunately EBView just ignores the tap-and-hold, and my solution thus far is to swap the mouse buttons, activate it, and revert.

Is there a way to explicitly send a right-click via a keypress + tap?

top panel gone completely...and i cant get the logout options by pressing on the desktop for a few secs (used to be avialable previously)....another thing that happens is the side panel keeps getting displayed and disappearing in quick succession...until i hold the panel in place by pressing the screen when it stops...not sure whats going on? no, i dont have any themes or anything undesirable cosmetics such like but do have lxde, ica receiver etc.

top panel gone completely...and i cant get the logout options by pressing on the desktop for a few secs (used to be avialable previously)....another thing that happens is the side panel keeps getting displayed and disappearing in quick succession...until i hold the panel in place by pressing the screen when it stops...not sure whats going on? no, i dont have any themes or anything undesirable cosmetics such like but do have lxde, ica receiver etc.
If you de-install and re-install Easy Debian - just the application, not the image - this should re-install the configuration files for the LXDE panels.

EDIT: To make clean slate, you could do
Code:
rm -r /home/user/.config/lx*
rm -r /home/user/.config/openbox
rm -r /home/user/.config/pcmanfm
after de-installing and before re-installing Easy Debian.

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-06-02 at 20:47.

sorry, reverted back to 0.9.46...looks ok now but back to square one with respect to keyboard focus

thanks rebhana, i shall try 0.9.48 in a bit...thanks for the help...

Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
If you de-install and re-install Easy Debian - just the application, not the image - this should re-install the configuration files for the LXDE panels.

EDIT: To make clean slate, you could do
Code:
rm -r /home/user/.config/lx*
rm -r /home/user/.config/openbox
rm -r /home/user/.config/pcmanfm
after de-installing and before re-installing Easy Debian.

sorry, reverted back to 0.9.46...looks ok now but back to square one with respect to keyboard focus
If you can be bothered, I would suggest that you now nevertheless upgrade again to the extras-devel version. I don't know what's going on, but perhaps this was just a fluke and you don't have any issues now?

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze