Notices

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
i am using the evopedia 0.3.2 allready... with german dump

add-ons on the browser: atlas plugin, default plug in, mediaplayer plugin, nokia bessagebus plugin, shockwave flash 9.0...so i did not install any plugin, they are all installed from the beginning by the manufacturer

btw.... evopedia now always asks to go online at least 3 -4 times before it "gives up" and lets me start typing letters

Last edited by geobueck; 2010-05-28 at 10:00.

Originally Posted by crei View Post
Hi!

The browser problems should be fixed in the version that is currently in testing (0.3.2-maemo3, please test it so that it gets into Extras).

mnaveed:

The pictures only work when you are online, they are not included in the dump.
The links should work. Which dump (language, date) and which evopedia version are you using?
Thirdly, the search should not provoke the phone to go online. Could you please give more details?

If you want, you can also file official bug reports for each of the three problems.
thanks for the reply

1. i m using english dump with date 2010-01-16
2. for every search it asks to go online, when cancelled ot shows the search or for some searches show page load error (what details should i give, i dont know please specify

thnaks

Originally Posted by geobueck View Post
after installing the new update of the firmware, it is difficult to type letters into the search-box of evopedia...sometimes letters i typed in are not recognized.. the program shows no reaction on typing in letters!!! the list with possible "entries" after typing search-letters always rebuilds itself constantly during typing... in a "strange" way....anyway... there should be an update to solve the problem... hopefully
I have the same problem.

I'm using the latest version - 0.3.2. The problem appears, when I use non-English characters.
1) When I type letters, the list rebuilds always (when I press yhe key 'down' the list rebuilds!)
2) Then, not all letters are typed correct: some are not typed at all and if I press key 'L' on NON-ENGLISH layout, it is typed as 'L'.

I haven't installed any plugins.
Sorry for my English.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Frankfurt, Germany
I can also confirm geobueck's report: I have the same effect with evopedia 0.3.2-maemo3 using a german wikipedia dump (wikipedia_de_2010-03-26), both on my newly arrived N900 at PR1.2 and in scratchbox: Only some keypresses get accepted at all, others (most) just get rejected.
Downgrading evopedia to 0.2.99+3.0rc3-maemo1 fixed the problem for me.

hallo again...how did you downgrade??? i am no professional linux user,but i still want to learn, and i want to use evopedia again! thanks for help

ups found it... but didnt solv the problem...try to typpe in " ernie und bert" and you see the problems...

Last edited by geobueck; 2010-05-28 at 17:46.

I uninstalled evopedia, disabled the Extras-Testing and Extras-Devel repositories and then reinstalled the version of evopedia from Extras. Let me know if you need any more help with this.

it didnt solve the problem for me...try to type in " ernie und bert"...this is almost impossible for me...also with the evopedia 0.2.99

Strange, 'Ernie und Bert' works fine for me. Maybe you could try to reboot your N900 after uninstalling 0.3 and/or after installing 0.2? I seem to remember I had to reboot at some time to make it work again.

oh...after reboot evopedia doesnt open really at all..it closes automatically after starting the program....

now it starts...but the problem is still the same...

I also encountered evopedia not launching at all. This seems to be the case when the browser was never launched since the last boot. Just shortly starting the web browser fixes that.
As for your other problems still persisting, I'm sorry but I fear I can't be of any more help. As mentioned, downgrading worked fine for me. No idea what's still going wrong for you.