File "voximp.py", line 37, in <module>
    from voximpconf import *
ImportError: No module named voximpconf
Where did i screw up?

The Following User Says Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Ok, i didn't rename the config to .py

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "voximp.py", line 37, in <module>
    from voximpconf import *
ImportError: No module named voximpconf
Where did i screw up?
voximpconf.py must be in the same folder as voximp.py
Both are supplied in voximp.tar.gz

P.S. I have tried to make pocketsphinx recognise words spoken by espeak. No success. Most likely, it's caused by dust in microphone. What's the easiest way to record some audio from microphone? Some gstreamer line for X Terminal is welcome.
If microphone turns out to be ok, I will create my own acoustic model. Recognising words spoken by all people in the world is too imprecise; there are different accents, after all. And I prefer my N900 to recognise only my voice, and recognise it perfectly, than recognise voice of anybody in the room, and fail at it.

Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
Could it be that the speech recognition engine is better at recognizing human speech than machine speech? I myself find simulated speech to be hard to understand way more often than real human speech...
Yes, I have tried it at human speech, too. It gives a lot of vowels, and only rarely consonants. Well, maybe, speech corpus is too bad, I will look into it.

But right now I will need to check quality of microphone.

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2011-01-14 at 09:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Could it be that the speech recognition engine is better at recognizing human speech than machine speech? I myself find simulated speech to be hard to understand way more often than real human speech...

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italia
very interesting, thank you guys!
to date voice recognition is present in every smartphone through free apps. therefore there should be an open and free way to have it on n900. we definitely need a package in extras-devel.