Active Topics

Notices

I'm having some trouble with loading my playlists. My loadtime for the playlist is set to 60 seconds before it times out. Sometimes it fails completely, sometimes just some fail to load and sometime all of 'em load. Despite the outcome, I can always search for tracks after failed/successfull load.

And: Kick *** job with this application! Without it i wouldn't be to psyched about n900 anymore.

Originally Posted by mattiasbäx View Post
I'm having some trouble with loading my playlists. My loadtime for the playlist is set to 60 seconds before it times out. Sometimes it fails completely, sometimes just some fail to load and sometime all of 'em load. Despite the outcome, I can always search for tracks after failed/successfull load.

And: Kick *** job with this application! Without it i wouldn't be to psyched about n900 anymore.
Glad to hear that you like QSpot, I will definitely continue updating it! The playlist loading problem is well known, I experience it myself from time to time. The solution to this is to introduce a cache at some point to the library. I made some quick tests with the official library and found that it also had similar problems loading the playlists; however once it had retrieved all lists successfully it retrieved them from cache the following times (until some list was added / modified).

The Following User Says Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Just thought I would give a little update about the next QSpot version; currently I have at least planned support for seeking to a specified position within tracks (i.e., by clicking on the progress bar).. And of course other fixes / optimizations.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
The timetable for the QSpot version with seek functionality is however not yet clear, as it will require changes to the library as well.

Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
The timetable for the QSpot version with seek functionality is however not yet clear, as it will require changes to the library as well.
A question: Would it be at all possible to get the Starred playlist? Is there a reason why no library out there supports it?

Originally Posted by florian View Post
A question: Would it be at all possible to get the Starred playlist? Is there a reason why no library out there supports it?
Well it would probably be possible to get the starred tracks, as it a special playlist. It will require some study of the communication with the spotify backend, as no third party library supports starred tracks currently. With the official library they work fine, however. I have been thinking about looking into implementing playlist caching next.

Another point; I want to thank you all that have voted for QSpot in extras-testing! A few more votes is still needed (four at least) in order to get into extras.

Hi , I really like the idea of using this application as I got the invite of spotify to use it for free and I use the desktop version alot. So basically this would be really good except I have downloaded Qspot from the application manager and everytime I open it it loads and nothing happens..

is this a glitch,,common bug I am unaware of...is my n900 missing a certain application to run this?

thanks in advance , I believe it is quite hard to find a thread for the problem in that it simply wont open.

Originally Posted by seasharkvvv View Post
Hi , I really like the idea of using this application as I got the invite of spotify to use it for free and I use the desktop version alot. So basically this would be really good except I have downloaded Qspot from the application manager and everytime I open it it loads and nothing happens..

is this a glitch,,common bug I am unaware of...is my n900 missing a certain application to run this?

thanks in advance , I believe it is quite hard to find a thread for the problem in that it simply wont open.

What do you mean, nothing happens?
Have you tried to open it via the Terminal? Do you get an error message there?

Just a note: You need a Spotify Premium account for it to work.

a premium account,,,are you kidding me? I thought this was the basis of using it with the free invite!! which I actually bought for £5.

I read that somewhere on here.

to answer your question I havent tried opening it in the terminal, how do I do that?
and yes it just doesn't open,,,it loads,with the load icon and absolutely nothing happens....

are you sure you need a premium account florian?

Tags
premium account, spotify