Mine seems to be around 3-4%. Is this normal?

when you have ssh installed you will see with the top command, that the cpu is 0,3 - 1,2 %

with my modified conky ui i got 17% because it use much from xorg

3-4% is nice and no problem

Greetz
Erazor

mine is idling at 2-3%...

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Xorg is eating cpu. Only one desktop on use and no widgets.

MohammadAG made good hildon-desktop package for 1.2, why not for 1.3?

I request new modified hildon-desktop for 1.3 that doesn't kill your battery. (load 5% with original, pr1.2 modified 1-2% or smth)

generally, less than 4% or so is fine. anything more and you may experience accelerated battery drain.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Egypt
Originally Posted by jmk View Post
Xorg is eating cpu. Only one desktop on use and no widgets.

MohammadAG made good hildon-desktop package for 1.2, why not for 1.3?

I request new modified hildon-desktop for 1.3 that doesn't kill your battery. (load 5% with original, pr1.2 modified 1-2% or smth)
He did actually make it, check the bug report thread.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia
in conky other than % of cpu load there is also a load 1/5/15, what load is the later one?

after 11 days of uptime my n900 is becoming less responsive, especially if multitasking and one of the program running is the web browser. when becoming really slow & i look in conky the cpu is only less than 30% in 600 mhz, but the load 1 is very high up to 8.5
the only solution for this so far is to restart my n900 and after that the load 1 rarely exceed 1.5 even multitasking several programs

was wondering, is there something wrong with my n900?
only noticed this after update to PR 1.3 by flashing

If the device is truly idle then it should be 0%, period. Anything else means unnecessary wakeups eating the battery.

Of course if you're trying to measure CPU load then the device is not really idle. If you run top in an osso-xterm for example you will see non-zero CPU percentages going to top, osso-xterm and Xorg, or if you run top in an ssh session you will see top, sshd and the wlan driver instead. That's fine, as long as top is the only process that causes these. Powertop (if you can find it) may be more useful in tracking down unjustified CPU usage.

Originally Posted by adhrie View Post
in conky other than % of cpu load there is also a load 1/5/15, what load is the later one?

after 11 days of uptime my n900 is becoming less responsive, especially if multitasking and one of the program running is the web browser. when becoming really slow & i look in conky the cpu is only less than 30% in 600 mhz, but the load 1 is very high up to 8.5
the only solution for this so far is to restart my n900 and after that the load 1 rarely exceed 1.5 even multitasking several programs

was wondering, is there something wrong with my n900?
only noticed this after update to PR 1.3 by flashing
have you tried this -> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58935 ??

i'm having the same problem with xorg as well, getting around 4.7 MEM%, and i'm on PR 1.3 right now.

i'm getting an average of 6%~11% of CPU Usage, even though i have NOTHING running or opened (except for Conky of course).

Also, what is "browserd"?? I have 2 of them showing high MEM% usage, one with PID 2137, the other with PID 1837, both showing 8.34 and 5.29 MEM% respectively.

I haven't installed anything either since after i installed PR 1.3, I was waiting for Meego 1.1 to try it out so didn't bother installing anything.

My PR 1.3 installed successfully with no problems as well, so i'm pretty sure it's not a bad flash or anything.

The only problem i can think of is not flashing the eMMc, but there wasn't a new eMMc image so i'm pretty sure it wasn't needed....