Active Topics

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by DJJonosound View Post
My messages were not showing up once, restarting didn't make a difference. Re installed messages app and it worked.

Just thought I would throw that one out there.
Sorry if this is already covered by how can you re-install messages app? Is also possible to reinstall other core applications (like browser, Wi-Fi hotspot or others)?

Guys,

My phone has problem, the things start at:

I uy new battery -> a guy put in in-> it wont start -> another guy change and put it well-> i charge it for 8 Hour (during the charging it appears " ! " i think was not charging, but at all i switch it on. work for 1 hour, battery drop to zero and switch off, i switch it on again, (thinking it is software and need to restore, i reset it, but during the process, batterry goes down again.

it wont start again, and reset report error "too many restarts"

Help please.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Sorry if this is already covered by how can you re-install messages app? Is also possible to reinstall other core applications (like browser, Wi-Fi hotspot or others)?
devel-su
*yourpassword*
apt-get reinstall messaging-ui

Not sure about others, but browser is called grob. This has fixed most of my messaging issues

The Following User Says Thank You to DJJonosound For This Useful Post:
OK, now I have an different problem with my N9 messages.

I had to reflash the phone and lost the applications but not the other data, including the SMS's. To reinstall the apps I had to use an month old backup. When used the old backup I ofcourse reverted also to an month old SMS database. I have a new backup file (which I created before restoring the phone to old backup) which should contain the messages from the last month. Is it possible to extract these newest messages and make them visible in the messaging UI so that I can see them again?

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Edit backup.metadata file like I explained here, but only for messages:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=78
And don't run command: tracker-control -r
Just run restore from the system backup.

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Edit backup.metadata file like I explained here, but only for messages:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=78
And don't run command: tracker-control -r
Just run restore from the system backup.
Looks quite difficult so I probably just have to live without the messages from the last month, I would most probably just mess my messaging history even more badly...

Just one more question: as I said, I have a backup from time after the reflash that should have all the messages (and other personal data) but not the applications that I installed after the reflash. If I use the backup tool with this backup file, what happens? It should probably give back the messages from last month but will it uninstall all the apps again?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Back up restore works very well on the N9. Takes a few minutes and will give you back everything you had when the back up was made. It will not uninstall Apps that you have added.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 192 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Austin, Tx
Originally Posted by captainofiron View Post
I figured I would post here instead of making an entire topic.

Sometimes while I have my N9 in my pocket dormant, I will hear the SMS tone and I will pull the phone out and see the message notification and slide to see it, but the message is not there, and all I see is the previous messages

it will then take a while to update and I will hear the click or pop noise and magically the sms I got a while ago is now in the message thread

this happens quite a bit and makes it frustrating while trying to have multiple conversations with different people.

the only thing that seems to help is if I click the messages button in all the threads and have a single messages app open.

Any thoughts on this?

Anybody?

I deleted a ton of messages and I am still getting this odd behaviour, but not as often