Notices

Great and addictive game. Your todo list pretty much sums up what I have had in mind for improvements.

One thing I have wondered is how the scoring now works and what are you thinking of changing.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by pillar View Post
One thing I have wondered is how the scoring now works and what are you thinking of changing.
I added the scoring to the list after the comment i quote here. In retrospect i think he was talking about Battle Gweled, so that's mostly there so i remember to go over the scoring code and make sure it rewards 4-fold matches appropriately... unless someone has specific suggestions.

gweled (0.4.0) unstable; urgency=low

* Increased active area for quit and restart buttons.
* Increased small font size by 50%.
* Added animation at game end to make it more obvious.
* Change quit hotkey from Backspace to Space to allow switching away
in untimed mode.
* Changed icon to winner of poll: green emerald.

-- Flandry <davidfalkayn@gmail.com> Wed, 10 Mar 2010 02:41:10 -0500

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-03-14 at 03:38.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I like this game very much. Actually it is my most played game on the N900.

The sound and music are excellent and I find it very much better and addictive than Battle Gweled.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
a request

can you make the 4 and 5 in a row from beheweled 2?

Power gems - These gems appear to be glowing brightly. When matched, they explode, causing massive point gain. They are formed by matching either four gems in a line, or five gems in two intersecting lines of three (i.e. a cross, a T, or an L).
Hyper cubes - These appear as colorful vortices. When swapped with a gem, all the gems of that color on the board are destroyed. Hyper cubes are formed when a match of five gems in a line is made.

The end game animation is good, but still it is very easy to dismiss it when you are trying still to play the old game. This way you end up missing how much you actually scored (unless you made the high score of course).

The Following User Says Thank You to pillar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pillar View Post
The end game animation is good, but still it is very easy to dismiss it when you are trying still to play the old game. This way you end up missing how much you actually scored (unless you made the high score of course).
Ah dang. Okay, i suppose it needs an enforced delay. In the next version...

Thanks for trying it out; since nobody screamed "segfault" or anything yet, i've promoted 0.4.0 to Extras-testing.

infected: depends on how much more interest is expressed in complicating the game with special cases like that. I like the basic game for its simplicity so it's not a feature that interests me. I've added it to the possible todos in the second post; let's see how popular the idea is.

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-03-10 at 15:17.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Seems the font size changed hasn't worked too well for me looks bad and I can no longer see the bonus multiplier

I love the game, great work thank-you, keeps me occupied during the short trip on the bus each day, but it would be nice if maybe those two additional specials could be added some day.

Last edited by Taomyn; 2015-09-07 at 06:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Taomyn View Post
Seems the font size changed hasn't worked too well for me looks bad and I can no longer see the bonus multiplier

I love the game, great work thank-you, keeps me occupied during the short trip on the bus each day, but it would be nice if maybe those two additional specials could be added some day.
What do you mean you can no longer see the bonus multiplier? Something besides clipping off the edge of the board area?

I didn't know it would be clipped at the board edge. Ok, i'll have to make it wrap the text if it's too long to fit in the box. Either that or go back to microfiche.

Thanks for reporting.

gweled (0.4.1) unstable; urgency=low

* Added a 3 second delay before mouse input restarts an ended game.
* Reduced "No moves left !!!" message to "No moves !!!" to fit in board area.

-- Flandry <davidfalkayn@gmail.com> Thu, 11 Mar 2010 03:20:25 -0500

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
gweled (0.4.1) unstable; urgency=low

* Added a 3 second delay before mouse input restarts an ended game.
* Reduced "No moves left !!!" message to "No moves !!!" to fit in board area.

-- Flandry <davidfalkayn@gmail.com> Thu, 11 Mar 2010 03:20:25 -0500
I'm still not seeing the score multiplier at the bottom right since you increased the font size.

Personally I wonder if the end game screen should show as:

Game Over
No moves left

No need for the exclamation marks, though with the font size increase, not sure if "No moves left" would still fit.

Now if only someone could port Puzzle Quest to the N900 - that would be awesome.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
bejeweled, fremantle, game, gweled, maemo 5, puzzle