Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
I enabled the persistent storage for journalctl now and will check it if it happens again.

This is really strange - even with persistent journalctl logging the logs before this scenario will be vanished.

This also seems to not depend on the battery percentage since my Tablet also shut down with full battery.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
My first few experiences as a user:
  • The Display: Looks great, especially directly next to the Jolla Phone. Brightness settings are… barely affecting anything. Maximum Level is too dark and minimum level is too bright. The promised "Split Screen" feature would be pretty useful, since most of the time I get a feeling of driving around a Truck having loaded a pillow when looking at simple Applications.
  • The Speed: Launching Apps is a lot faster than on the Phone. But it always feels like it's fighting to fill all those pixels fluidly. Animations get sluggish, scrolling sometimes is a bit like on the n900, when everyone was just figuring out how this fluid/kinetic scrolling thing is supposed to work.
  • The System: I never noticed how badly SFOS is translated on my phone (German version). At times it reads like child-speak or dumbed-down dialect without genitive case where it belongs.
  • The Applications: Well, there aren't that many, but it's not as bad as it could have been. I miss Kodimote, but either some day I'll get someone to help me figure out how to compile it or there'll be a i486 release until then.
  • The Custom stuff: Patchmanager works, my favourite patches (thanks again to coderus, ancelad et al.) work. Awesome!
  • The Android: There's that. Lock screen media controls seem to work, which is awesome. (Tried amazon music only.) Scrolling in normal apps is a bit worse compared to native ones. Android Games work well if they use pixel doubling.
  • The Size: Feels a lot bigger than a Nexus7 (either generation). I don't know how people with small hands can hold it comfortably.

All in all, I am much more pleased than the previous lines would let you believe. It is a nice device.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Quick addendum:
After trying to install the Quicksilver Browser Demo in my lunch break, the device didn't start new applications anymore. Boot freezes at the "jolla/intel" screen. I can not recommend trying Quicksilver at this point – the developer does not recommend it as well. I might have to try to flash the device this weekend. I don't like flashing stuff.
Oh well, that's what you get for trying stuff before thinking.
___

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
there is similar recovery mode in tablet, you can reset to default or telnet to it to fix problem manually

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by velox View Post
My first few experiences as a user:
  • The Display: Looks great, especially directly next to the Jolla Phone. Brightness settings are… barely affecting anything. Maximum Level is too dark and minimum level is too bright. The promised "Split Screen" feature would be pretty useful, since most of the time I get a feeling of driving around a Truck having loaded a pillow when looking at simple Applications.
  • The Speed: Launching Apps is a lot faster than on the Phone. But it always feels like it's fighting to fill all those pixels fluidly. Animations get sluggish, scrolling sometimes is a bit like on the n900, when everyone was just figuring out how this fluid/kinetic scrolling thing is supposed to work.
  • The System: I never noticed how badly SFOS is translated on my phone (German version). At times it reads like child-speak or dumbed-down dialect without genitive case where it belongs.
  • The Applications: Well, there aren't that many, but it's not as bad as it could have been. I miss Kodimote, but either some day I'll get someone to help me figure out how to compile it or there'll be a i486 release until then.
  • The Custom stuff: Patchmanager works, my favourite patches (thanks again to coderus, ancelad et al.) work. Awesome!
  • The Android: There's that. Lock screen media controls seem to work, which is awesome. (Tried amazon music only.) Scrolling in normal apps is a bit worse compared to native ones. Android Games work well if they use pixel doubling.
  • The Size: Feels a lot bigger than a Nexus7 (either generation). I don't know how people with small hands can hold it comfortably.

All in all, I am much more pleased than the previous lines would let you believe. It is a nice device.
So was a bit bored, saw this post and thought hey ho, want to quickly test kodimote i486 please?

obvious disclaimer of some sort that releases me from any responsibility :P

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...1.0-1.i486.rpm

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
there is similar recovery mode in tablet, you can reset to default or telnet to it to fix problem manually
Nice hint, thanks! I suspect I just have to somehow reinstall the system version of qt5-qtwayland-wayland_egl. Will try telnet tomorrow.

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
So was a bit bored, saw this post and thought hey ho, want to quickly test kodimote i486 please? […]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...1.0-1.i486.rpm
Wonderful. Will absolutely try that as soon as things work again. Kodimote is one of the most-used applications on my phone.
___

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
usb otg works just fine. but didnt tried such big usb drives, only small ones. i need to mount it manually.
Coderus, can you explain please how to do this and how to unmount at the end?
And when I connect it, how to check what it do?
Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Coderus, can you explain please how to do this and how to unmount at the end?
And when I connect it, how to check what it do?
Thanks
Code:
mkdir /usb
mount /dev/sda1 /usb
### ......
umount /usb

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Code:
mkdir /usb
mount /dev/sda1 /usb