Active Topics

Notices

I get the error "Couldn't load pics/colormap.pcx" and it refuses to start.

edit: nevermind I'm dumb

Last edited by legoman666; 2010-06-05 at 04:05.

Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
1. Connect your N900 to your PC in mass storage mode
2. Locate the Quake 2 datafolder in your PC (sorry, I'm writing this from my N900, so you must find it yourself)
3. Copy the pak0.pak file tou yor N900 (just copy them to the first folder that opens when you click N900 in your My Compurer)
4. Move the pak0.pak file to user/.quake2/baseq2 by typing
Code:
mv /home/user/MyDocs/pak0.pak /home/user/quake2/baseq2/pak0.pak
to X Terminal
5. Disconnect yor N900 from PC and now you should be able to play Quake 2!

Hope this helps!
(sorry for the wrong folder I gave first, it was the folder I copyed my pak0.pak-file temporary before moving it to right place(and thanks to CepiPerez whose post made me understand that))
hi all,i would to play quake2 on my n900 i love this game but it doesn't run,i don't understand why the files refuse to copy in the good folder...

help me please , im lost..

if someone to help me?? please....

How are some of you guys playing the game with what controls? If its keyboard tell me you easy setup for buttons?

I've tried this package but I also get the message:
recursive shutdown
Error: Couldn't load pics/colormap.pcx

hello. can you tell me step by step how you succed to instal quake on your n 900. i have the same problem like you with x-terminal, when i give the comand. i have download and instal the game from maemo page. thanks

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Netherlands
do it as root?

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
For you who are having problems with moving the datafile to the right location, could you tell what error message are you getting? Without telling it nobody can help you. And remember to check that your pak0.pak -file is where I adviced to place it because if it's in any other place the command for moving it won't work.

Originally Posted by sake View Post
do it as root?
No, don't do it as root. Please stop trying to solve X Term related problems with running everything as root. Running things as root may seriously messu up your phone beacuse running things as root makes some files to belong to root user and after that they can't be used as normal user anymore.

Originally Posted by pctek
How are some of you guys playing the game with what controls? If its keyboard tell me you easy setup for buttons?
You can set your own controls and check the default controls inside the game in Options>customize controls.

And here a complete walkthrough of how to finish each level in less then 20 seconds. some levels he finishes in 6 seconds. I dont think the guy in the movie has a life... seriously!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0207477689613#

Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
I get the error "Couldn't load pics/colormap.pcx" and it refuses to start.

edit: nevermind I'm dumb
Please, How did you repair that??
Thanks

Last edited by DoktorVitek; 2010-08-02 at 15:28.