Notices

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
I'll try that on my 32 bit machine

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Update: I compiled now a MeeGo Tablet version and created a *.rpm package for the Sender Application: TcpIpKeyboardSender-0.0.3-3.i586.rpm

So, if anyone has a MeeGo Tablet like the ExoPC or a Lenovo IdeaPad - you are now able to send keystrokes to your N900.
At the ExoPC you have to connect a USB Keyboard to use my application. The Lenovo IdeaPad has the integrated keyboard as advantage.

If the virtual Keyboard doesn't disappear after you have changed the settings, simply close the application and reopen it afterwards. The new settings are applied now and you can start typing.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by helex View Post
Thanks!
It still needs a lot of work and polishing but hopefully we get in the end a great working solution.

If the keyboard at the N900 is closed the onscreen keyboard gets really annoying. I have to integrate my app definitively somehow into the maliit system to make it more useable. If this works it would feel more natural across all MeeGo devices. - sadly except our beloved N900 - but luckily we have a decent keyboard and don't rely on this application at our small micro computer.

I have not really more ideas except including also this file into my zip.

I have to apologize. I have zero experience publishing Windows *.exe files compiled using Qt and I still have to learn what is needed to get it running on every target.
I guess I can't reproduce this error because of the installed Qt environment on my desktop. But I don't own a bounch of different Desktop PC's. I have only my old Windows XP Desktop and a small Lenovo Ideapad with Windows 7 32bit on it. But there I have the MeeGo Qt SDK installed and my zip works over there also without problems. I guess my exe gets the not included dll files there somewhere out of the system.

So we have to sort this pain together out somehow. The strage thing is currently with all those errors: I don't use SQL in this project and I don't use XML Patterns. Nevertheless those DLL's seems to be needed on your system.

I uploaded a new ZIP. The same exe, but it includes the missing QtXmlPatterns4.dll:

TcpIpKeyboardSender-Windows32Bit-v0.0.3.ZIP

LETS HOPE THE BEST!

Edit:

Perhaps the QtXmlPatterns4.dll you've found online is a minor different version compared to mine I have used for my project. Because of this QtNetwork4.dll (perhaps) can't work together with this file. Please delete all files you have and download the new Zip v0.0.3 and try it.

I would love to see a solution to create a exe file using Qt that don't need any kind of runtime libraries. [sigh]
That works - wow wow wow! as a concept work in progress idea, It works great! If it's this good on my Nokia N900, I can't wait to see it on my Nokia N9 (when I win a chance to test pilot one from Nokia Sweden).
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following User Says Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
That works - wow wow wow! as a concept work in progress idea, It works great! If it's this good on my Nokia N900, I can't wait to see it on my Nokia N9 (when I win a chance to test pilot one from Nokia Sweden).
Ah, great news!

I really hope to get something at the N9 working until you have received this device. I would need a eager betatester.
At the moment I'm still reading the MeeGo related documentation and have currently no working code at this construction zone. It's currently mainly theory based on the API documentation.

Currently my most complex project. Wish me luck!

Yes, i can confirm the version 3 works great!
Funny how the standart vkb shows up if you press ENTER, although i have fastsmsevo installed.

EDIT:
BOTH 32 and 64 bit WIndows 7

Last edited by Alfred; 2011-07-31 at 16:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
You have my best wishes and I would be happy to be a tester if I have the Nokia N9 after 21st August. I am 4th out of 30 in the running to get a Nokia N9. So wish me good luck!
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following User Says Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by helex View Post
Update: I compiled now a MeeGo Tablet version and created a *.rpm package for the Sender Application: TcpIpKeyboardSender-0.0.3-3.i586.rpm

So, if anyone has a MeeGo Tablet like the ExoPC or a Lenovo IdeaPad - you are now able to send keystrokes to your N900.
At the ExoPC you have to connect a USB Keyboard to use my application. The Lenovo IdeaPad has the integrated keyboard as advantage.

If the virtual Keyboard doesn't disappear after you have changed the settings, simply close the application and reopen it afterwards. The new settings are applied now and you can start typing.
Great works helex, just a quick query.

Wont this sexy application work if I have 2 different net connections (i.e) Say Data package in mobile and a LAN in PC!

I c it is just wifi viz wifi based on your notes. Correct me if am wrong

Thanks.
KAG

Originally Posted by kag86 View Post
Wont this sexy application work if I have 2 different net connections (i.e) Say Data package in mobile and a LAN in PC!
I tried it and it was not working - and I haven't spent much time digging out why it doesn't work.

My desktop is behind a NAT-Firewall. But since my desktop prefaces the connection it should work as long as my N900 is not behind a other NAT-Firewall. But I don't know anything about the infrastructure at my cell phone carrier... so...

If you try it yourself, please write if you could get it working outside of your home w-lan.

But mind, this application needs a fast connection (ping time) to deliver a good feeling while typing.

Originally Posted by kag86 View Post
I c it is just wifi viz wifi based on your notes. Correct me if am wrong
Okay, I was unable to understand this sentence. I would need a more exact typing of it to make a statement. I hope it is already answered at my first paragraph.

Just a quick thought.
If i will be getting n9, i would like to use my n900's keyboard maybe.
You know what i mean?
Yes, use n900 as a TcpIpkeyboard sender...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Just a quick thought.
If i will be getting n9, i would like to use my n900's keyboard maybe.
You know what i mean?
Yes, use n900 as a TcpIpkeyboard sender...
Yes, tested Wednesday with two N900.

Even better, you wouldn't need a W-Lan infrastructure since the N9 could act as a accesspoint.

In the best case:
  • Simply start the accesspoint mode for the W-Lan at the N9
  • Start the receiver at the N9 (or the corresponding virtual keyboard - I'm still not sure how to implement it)
  • Start the Sender at your N900 and start typing as soon as you're connected to your N9 WiFi Network

A case I have to prevent: Never start a sender and receiver at the same Device by accident. (no, don't try)
This results in a very bad loop and keyboard buffer overflow. It is typing and receiver and typing and receiving and typing and receiving the same Button... funny the first time... but only the first!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post: