Haha, wait till you see this

Not the actual speed, but you get the idea!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to giannoug For This Useful Post:
Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
What APN is used with T-Mobile prepaid? What would be a good option for someone who texts a lot, uses internet a lot, and doesn't use a lot of minutes?

I was thinking T-Mobile prepaid with skype/google voice, for data and calls. But that leaves the Text Messaging out.

Right now I have Unlimited data, unlimited text, and 500 mins for 60$ a month.

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to joshv06 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by CyberCat View Post
Can we get a list of the sites that you can visit on tmobile prepaid and paid without data? Here are a couple I know of, and I'm sure there are more:

t-mobile.com
m.espn.go.com/wireless/
m.yahoo.com
news.bbc.co.uk/low
I did the Onion Router thingie, there is NO limits. I go anywhere I go. There ONLY ONE, yes the ONLY ONE, that cannot go is download map related stuff, route, location etc. Otherwise, it goes everywhere.

bun

Originally Posted by giannoug View Post
Haha, wait till you see this

Not the actual speed, but you get the idea!
I dont think I understand what you referring to. Maybe you need to spell it out a little bit?

If you referring to 14 min dl an 800 MB movie. I think that is absolutely fine. Firstly, it takes time to dl any movie, using emule/desktop/cable link, a movie dl takes a couple of weeks on and off, that is fine. You wnat it and want it now, then pay netflex or something like that. If you dont want to pay for it, it takes time.

2nd, my priority to use N900 is 'long distance phone use' and 3G/3.5G solved my needs more than adequately. Surf net faster is just a bonus for me.

3rd, instead of dl, I stream, be it 800 MB or 2.5 G movie, showtime starts less than 15 second! All from here LiveTV in my signature

Problem with 2G is Skype simply cannot work.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-05-18 at 02:13.

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
I did the Onion Router thingie, there is NO limits. I go anywhere I go. There ONLY ONE, yes the ONLY ONE, that cannot go is download map related stuff, route, location etc. Otherwise, it goes everywhere.

bun
I thought you don't get data with t-mobile pre-paid, whats the deal, how did you get that, and what is the "Onion Router thingie" I really wana know so i can switch from at&t pre-paid

Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
What APN is used with T-Mobile prepaid? What would be a good option for someone who texts a lot, uses internet a lot, and doesn't use a lot of minutes?

I was thinking T-Mobile prepaid with skype/google voice, for data and calls. But that leaves the Text Messaging out.

Right now I have Unlimited data, unlimited text, and 500 mins for 60$ a month.

Thanks
If you happy with it, stick with your plan. It takes time to learn a system and do things with the system. Going back to 3G, if you live in a city with 3G, and your primary need is skype phone call, tmob prepaid when need will save you a lot of dough.

bun

Originally Posted by aikon800 View Post
I thought you don't get data with t-mobile pre-paid, whats the deal, how did you get that, and what is the "Onion Router thingie" I really wana know so i can switch from at&t pre-paid
It is ALL here, geneven did it, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37887&page=2, thread #72, post back if question,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-05-18 at 02:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 107 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ India . Mumbai
N900 with 3g Makes it Top of the World!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by CyberCat View Post
Hey bunanson thanks for the info! I got tor setup and that did the trick, whooo! Although it is extremely slow (as TOR always is). Is it possible to setup a proxy on one's home PC and then route the N900 through that instead to speed things up?
It should be possible, and since using Tmobile is so important to N900 users I suggest that someone who understands how to use proxies really well write a howto on this subject.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
It should be possible, and since using Tmobile is so important to N900 users I suggest that someone who understands how to use proxies really well write a howto on this subject.
I second!!!!!
I tried to set up proxy, on and off, for a couple of week, get NOWHERE. I know, I know, it is very easy, but, I cant get it, and i just cannot get it. I appreciate if some guru takes the time to write it out, step by step, TIA

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-05-21 at 03:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:

Tags
3g/3.5g, skype