Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Most of the suggestion are outside of CSSU scope anyway. Remember it is for changing/adding things in the OS that can not be easily addressed by external packages from 3rd party repositories like extras-devel.

And implementing desktop widgets / shortcuts within CSSU is BS anyway because for this one should use Deskpyy applet / QBW / dbus etc.

For example, there are still stability issues within Communications (short messages disappearing due to persistent storage corruption etc.), the Skype process has distortion issues while speaking to computers over WiFi that do not occur when using different device/client using same bandwidth/connection, and loading of the phone application is so slow people miss calls due to introduced delay.

And some guys talk about desktop clock widgets. Unbefrigginlievable.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-11-07 at 16:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fahadj2003 View Post
sulinder, u need to read and get out of mallustan.
"This thread is for the developers to pick ideas for implementation.... maybe some are amazing ones, maybe some are bleak... But still we have a central repository of IDEAS."

and no developer gives a single **** about this thread..
my friend, are you in touch with all the developers? is that necessary for developers to give a single ****, just to convince u??? As a developer I confirm that we always look for fresh ideas. And I don't think CSSU developers are different. The importance of the thread is that this is exclusively for sharing ideas. Think outside the box buddy!

Last edited by praveenchand; 2011-11-08 at 22:37.

Originally Posted by Trestry View Post
Searching in the application menu would be great!
I second that. A quick search for apps like Gnome Shell, KDE Launcher, Quick Silver, Launchy, even the Windows 7 Start Menu would be amazing. Who wants to manually look for stuff?

The App-Search-Widget and Shortcut Stash widget both do this in limited scope, from the desktop. But always in search of speed I am not quite satisfied with these. A global shortcut to launch these or another similar app is my multi-tasking dream.

Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Integrate FAM (Faster Application Manager) in CSSU and kick out the default application manager.

FAM is MUCH faster, more options

The Following User Says Thank You to N900@900MHz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Melbourne Australia
fix the choppy audio over skype calls!

The Following User Says Thank You to justice4all3000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by anim1 View Post
would be nice to control music right from the status area, wouldn't it?
Is the music player widget so obtrusive you want to move it to status?
Attached Images

Last edited by shazosbourne; 2011-11-14 at 07:35.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by knobby View Post
N900 does not support multitouch hence no pinch zoom afaik...
Actually, this could be done, i don't got a link, but a while ago i saw this proof of concept that worked based on recognizing the jump the cursor does when you touch a second finger on the screen, and then extrapolating the position of the fingers based on the cursor position (it goes to aproximatly the point between the two fingers). It wasn't exactly like true pinch zoom though, you can't scroll at the same time and you should only move the second finger and keep the first one steady; but rotation should still be possible, as long as you just move the second finger.

add Greek 160 character support in sms...
add sorting alphabetically or by date or search string in notes
add groups in contacts
add download header only from emails

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cypherth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
how about whirlpool zoom for photos like in the browser.. it would be awesome.. what say guys???

Would also like to request an updated version of the Conversations app that does not have the many problems with corrupting the database as laid out in many threads, below are a few:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70470
http://forums.internettablettalk.com...ad.php?t=67536
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=71844
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=69475

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to computerinfo21 For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu stable, nokia n900