Posts: 13 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
The Q5 has an internal USB bluetooth device. In order to use it you need to switch USB to host mode, which also switches the mini-b connection, so you can't have bluetooth and connect to a PC at the same time. Unfortunately, I can't try that, as my device has faulty wifi hardware. I don't know if anyone tried it in Mer yet.
Yes that works fine - Thanks for the pointer.

If anyone else is interested this is what I did to get the bluetooth running.

# echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/hhtech_gpio/usbhostpwr_en
# echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/hhtech_gpio/usbotgdrv_en
# modprobe ohci-hcd

# dmsg
ohci_hcd: 2006 August 04 USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver
s3c2410-ohci s3c2410-ohci: S3C OHCI
s3c2410-ohci s3c2410-ohci: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
s3c2410-ohci s3c2410-ohci: irq 47, io mem 0x74300000
usb usb1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-0:1.0: 2 ports detected
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using s3c2410-ohci and address 2
usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
Bluetooth: Generic Bluetooth USB driver ver 0.3
usbcore: registered new interface driver btusb

# hciconfig
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:15:83:15:A3:0C ACL MTU: 672:4 SCO MTU: 48:1
UP RUNNING PSCAN
RX bytes:1077 acl:0 sco:0 events:41 errors:0
TX bytes:424 acl:0 sco:0 commands:41 errors:0

Just what I wanted, now I can connect to my bluetooth GPS

The Following User Says Thank You to aerod For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
@aerod
When you have accumulated enough experience and have the time, please post a review of how you feel the Q's compare to the N8x0's.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
I think Menu should be full screen (since it is in the same position as the fullscreen key on N800/N810), and then Menu+Plus should be Shift so:
The fullscreen is not in the same place on the N800/N810, they finally fixed it. Fullscreen on the N810 is separate, and +/- is a single rocker. (This is apparently how the 770 was -- no clue why they broke it on the N800.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
sure, I'll be more than happy to do that.

The Following User Says Thank You to aerod For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by aerod View Post
Hi,
I have just received a Q5 and a Q7 from China.
For good measure, can you tell what supplier you used, to get a list of "safe" suppliers - and ideally method of payment
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
For good measure, can you tell what supplier you used, to get a list of "safe" suppliers - and ideally method of payment
I got them from http://www.eletroworld.cn/

I paid by Paypal as it worked out cheaper than using Western Union in the UK and I figured PP may offer me a little more protection.

I payed a total $403.4 all in which is pretty good really. The goods arrived after about 1 week. I got lucky and avoided paying any Duty or VAT (The guy at customs must have been asleep) - I was very impressed with the communications from the guy in China, he never seems to sleep!

Last edited by aerod; 2009-05-28 at 21:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aerod For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
The fullscreen is not in the same place on the N800/N810, they finally fixed it. Fullscreen on the N810 is separate, and +/- is a single rocker. (This is apparently how the 770 was -- no clue why they broke it on the N800.)
Right, OK then, more or less grouped together on the top is more accurate. I guess I've been thinking of the N800 since the Q5 seems like an imitator of that rather than the N810, but said N800/N810 out of habit.
I don't know why you say broken/fixed, seems like a matter of individual preference to me.

In any event, not relevant to the issue raised which was configuration of the hardware keys.

Interesting!

Craig(one of the Pandora devs) sells them in his webshop for 129.99 British Pounds incl. VAT

http://www.gbax.com/smartq5.html

The Following User Says Thank You to derhorst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by derhorst View Post
Interesting!

Craig(one of the Pandora devs) sells them in his webshop for 129.99 British Pounds incl. VAT

http://www.gbax.com/smartq5.html

That's not much more than I would have paid if customs had been on the ball. I would have probably gone that way rather than risk the import from an unknown supplier had I known, although I did want both the Q5 and the Q7 for evaluation.

Last edited by aerod; 2009-05-28 at 21:43.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Right, I've put up a page for the SmartQ device developer rebate programme.

See http://wiki.maemo.org/Mer/Proposals/...oper_Programme and please read it through - the weights indicate where we would like to see improvements. Feel free to add proposals

Do note that this rebate is only for Mer team members (it is a formality to be signed up) - without membership the proposal will be ignored when it's evaluation time.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2009-05-28 at 21:15.

Tags
parting of the red sea