In Hong Kong, N900 price is already drop down almost 30% after released for 2.5 months......

The Following User Says Thank You to cmsjkung For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
It all depends how Nokia approach the OS.

With PR1.2 maemo became a stable OS, a well understood system and could have been a stable OS for other Nokia products.

Instead Nokia are going to abandon it and start the whole process again with MeeGo. All the time, effort and money spent on maemo have been wasted!

I love Nokia products hardware-wise but I am a little dubious about long-term support (software-wise).

From a hardware point of view I would buy Nokia again but software-wise and support not a chance.

I will have the n900 (very happy with it) for the next 2 or 3 years and will wait and see how Nokia perform.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
I am not sure I have ever seen a cellphone device lose so much value so quickly.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
Instead Nokia are going to abandon it and start the whole process again with MeeGo. All the time, effort and money spent on maemo have been wasted!
I can drag back many posts saying the same thing about the pre hype of the n900 and before devices. People laugh and joke on those threads saying no they wouldn't do it again but...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
I am not sure I have ever seen a cellphone device lose so much value so quickly.
Yes, this is happened to Nokia N900 in HK, Taiwan and China.....

Last edited by cmsjkung; 2010-07-28 at 14:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmsjkung For This Useful Post:
It's a direct correlate of users not knowing what to do with the device because it sold well in the UK at least i.e poor product support and development.

Coming to a highly geeky forum where you are likely to be labeled a troll and stupid doesn't count as support.

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-07-28 at 15:05.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
yes, i must say that i will be picking up Nokia's Meego phone. Even though i will be keeping the N900 too. I sum up my relationship with nokia like this...It's kinda like being molested by your friends hot mom. You know its the wrong thing to do, but she does so many things well

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to optimistprime For This Useful Post:

I am not committed to a particular brand = I am not committed to not buy Nokia. My next phone will be evaluated then and there. Not now.

That said, I still like my n900 very much! And I think all things considered that joining forces with Intel and going forward with Meego is the best thing for Open Source on mobile devices.

Just so you know...

We've all been here before...
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokiaisrelevant, noreally!