Notices

Originally Posted by killerjay View Post
this ap is working fine for me when i connect on wifi, itll update to the schedual ive planned for it (every 2hrs) but since i have unlimited cell data, i connect via my 3g data and it updates the first time i choose the currencies, but after that it doesnt update at all well im using 3g data...... any help?
The app updates the rates regardless of the connection type.
It might have happened that the rate had not changed so the update was not visible.

Originally Posted by Salatheel View Post
After I updated to PR1.3 Currency Exhange Widget won't start anymore. Also after trying to start this widget all other widgets disappear from my home screen. Anyone else having same problem ?
Hi,
I recommend uninstalling the widget and installing it again, preferably version 0.1.5 which is now in Extras Testing.

marcin

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Hi,
I installed this last night.

I have a few problems.

1) Wiped all my Widgets after the install.
2) It won't update. The first instance retrieved a value. I added 5 more.
Now the first has not ever refreshed, and the other 5 all say offline and never retrieved a value?

Installed 1.5, great interface! I put 3 on the desktop, but only first one has value. Other two both offline.

Originally Posted by truelies1 View Post
Installed 1.5, great interface! I put 3 on the desktop, but only first one has value. Other two both offline.
Here's what I found out about that.

I switched to ATT data and I was able to update them all. Didn't work except for the initial single update with Wifi as you are describing.

I've seen this with one or two other appz.

Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Here's what I found out about that.

I switched to ATT data and I was able to update them all. Didn't work except for the initial single update with Wifi as you are describing.

I've seen this with one or two other appz.

I only have WiFi, don't have data plan. But today all three are displaying the value.

I hope the software can also put a flag on the right side.

Found a bug: When 1.5 edition installed, reboot, it will cause widgets disappear on the desktop.

Last edited by truelies1; 2010-10-30 at 03:29.

Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Hi,
I installed this last night.

I have a few problems.

1) Wiped all my Widgets after the install.
2) It won't update. The first instance retrieved a value. I added 5 more.
Now the first has not ever refreshed, and the other 5 all say offline and never retrieved a value?
Hi,

That happens when the widget gets no response from xcurrency server. I can't do anything about it =o(

marcin

I'm still having problem like the other user in this thread. If I install the currency widget, every time I reboot the phone all my Desktop widgets are wiped out, and have to be re-added.

Anybody else seeing this and is there a fix?

This is on 1.3

Same problem. Running pr1.3 and 0.1.5-1. Cannot start widget, it seems to crash all other widgets on the screen, everything disappears and default icons come back again.
Have uninstalled and reinstalled many times.

My upgrade from pr1.2 to pr1.3 was OTA so didnt have to reinstall if that made any difference. I like this widget so much am considering blowing everything away and doing a clean flash if necessary.
Hope I don't have to though.

Cheers

Originally Posted by Bigmaxy View Post
Same problem. Running pr1.3 and 0.1.5-1. Cannot start widget, it seems to crash all other widgets on the screen, everything disappears and default icons come back again.
Have uninstalled and reinstalled many times.

My upgrade from pr1.2 to pr1.3 was OTA so didnt have to reinstall if that made any difference. I like this widget so much am considering blowing everything away and doing a clean flash if necessary.
Hope I don't have to though.

Cheers
Mine was a fresh Flash w/ Fresh install of everything.