Notices

Has someone else experienced the Failed to initiate session error with the latest version?

Any chance of getting this bad body to run on Ubuntu? And where do I donate?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
Has someone else experienced the Failed to initiate session error with the latest version?
No problem what so ever.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
No problems here either. Works great!

The Following User Says Thank You to Wille_W For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
Any chance of getting this bad body to run on Ubuntu? And where do I donate?
I think it should be possible to get it running on Ubuntu with some modifications.. No donations are necessary, however your support is very much appreciated..

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
I get segmentation fault if I try to launch QSpot without active internet connection. In this case QSpot launches for a couple of seconds and shows "Offline mode activated" banner and then closes.

QSpot works fine if I launch it with active internet connection present and also Offline Mode works if I close internet connection after launching QSpot.

I have both CSSU and newest Power Kernel (overclocking with Ideal Profile).

Originally Posted by OVK View Post
I get segmentation fault if I try to launch QSpot without active internet connection. In this case QSpot launches for a couple of seconds and shows "Offline mode activated" banner and then closes.

QSpot works fine if I launch it with active internet connection present and also Offline Mode works if I close internet connection after launching QSpot.

I have both CSSU and newest Power Kernel (overclocking with Ideal Profile).
Strange, just tested exactly the same scenario several times, and it works without problems. What is the xterm output before the segmentation fault occurs?

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Strange, just tested exactly the same scenario several times, and it works without problems. What is the xterm output before the segmentation fault occurs?
~ $ /opt/qspot/bin/qspot
Unsupported date format character at 1 (%-d. %-m.)
> set_stream 'QSpot'
SetOfflineMode: true , false
Connection state: 0
MESSAGE (log): "13:50:38.450 I [ap:1776] Connecting to AP ap.spotify.om:4070"
MESSAGE (log): "13:50:38.460 E [ap:1704] AP Socket Error: Host not found (20001)"
MESSAGE (log): "13:50:38.460 E [ap:4097] Connection error: 4"

Segmentation fault

The bolded part comes a couple of times (I just copied one) with different numbers in front of I's and E's.

BTW, how do I print the output of this command to a file? Would be easier to post error messages if I could get them directly to a .txt -file. (I used to know how to do this but GUI's have made me forget all these useful commands.)

Last edited by OVK; 2011-11-23 at 14:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
qspot >> file 2>&1

2>&1 redirects std err to std out...

Originally Posted by OVK View Post
~ $ /opt/qspot/bin/qspot
Unsupported date format character at 1 (%-d. %-m.)
> set_stream 'QSpot'
SetOfflineMode: true , false
Connection state: 0
MESSAGE (log): "13:50:38.450 I [ap:1776] Connecting to AP ap.spotify.om:4070"
MESSAGE (log): "13:50:38.460 E [ap:1704] AP Socket Error: Host not found (20001)"
MESSAGE (log): "13:50:38.460 E [ap:4097] Connection error: 4"

Segmentation fault

The bolded part comes a couple of times (I just copied one) with different numbers in front of I's and E's.

BTW, how do I print the output of this command to a file? Would be easier to post error messages if I could get them directly to a .txt -file. (I used to know how to do this but GUI's have made me forget all these useful commands.)
I will look into the issue. I also get similar output when logging in without network connection, however I do not get any segfault.

Edit: Do you have several playlists synched offline / have you tried to clear the cache after the upgrade to the latest version?

Last edited by aenbacka; 2011-11-23 at 20:35.

Tags
premium account, spotify