Posts: 81 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Serbia
I think that fcrochik should decide, it is his reward after all.

I have atleast a Nokia developer username from everyone now, as soon as the final prize is sorted then all the info will be passed on to the rep for device dispatch voodoo.
Can't wait

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to draxcp6 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Just checking, are you nominating lxp?
Yes, of course
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Hopefully there are at least the Coding Competition's devices reserved?
Unfortunately our team has run out of the devices and no longer support it so no new orders are placed.

For sure all N950 winners should be very careful with their new babies.
These devices have been shipped out with no warranty, so unfortunately I have no advice to you as for the repairment.
We do not have any replacement devices to send to you nor are we ordering any new 950s
source

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Hi folks, we have a winner for the last device .. and it's Wikiwide! Some of the reasons that we feel Wikiwide deserves his device are that he did make an effort to enter two applications to the competition even with his own N900 having problems, he's never received a MeeGo device, he's positive in the community, and has a lot of karma. And best of all we're sure he'll appreciate his new device

But I want to say that, truthfully, any of the nominated folks could have won and would have deserved their device, so please don't feel too bad if you or your nominated developer missed out. (Honestly, I looked down the list and I couldn't make a decision who deserved it more - I'd have had to pull a name from a hat or toss a coin or something ).

Thank you again fcrochik for kindly donating the prize

That means all the devices from the 2012 prize pool are now assigned to the 26 luckiest developers on maemo.org, and I have just emailed all of the winning developer details to the council to be passed to the Nokia rep. If I hear of any problems I'll be sure to get in touch asap. If you hear anything from the Nokia rep directly that you need assistance with please let me know. Best wishes for a safe and speedy journey for your packages

Once everything looks good and devices are being sent out we'll sort out the bounty prizes. A big thanks to you guys for being so patient.

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Hopefully there are at least the Coding Competition's devices reserved?

For sure all N950 winners should be very careful with their new babies.

source
Yep we have the very last of the last... which is why I'm being extra careful with the address details, and you all need to be careful your devices when you receive them! I'm not sure if there's a version of the 'N900 Fly' application for Harmattan but maybe best to go easy with throwing your N950s around

N900 Fly: Uses the accelerometer to measure how high you can throw your N900. A irresponsible party piece for the daring
Edit: Council emailed back to let me know that real names are required. There are 5 people who I don't have real names for, I'll be reaching out to you on my next work break!
Edit2: now 3
Edit3: now 0, updated details have been sent to council

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-10-24 at 09:53.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Did creamy goodness ever end-up giving one of his away?
It was a N950 (IIRC?) plus he had another that was broken that he wasn't sure was worthwhile giving away.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Did creamy goodness ever end-up giving one of his away?
It was a N950 (IIRC?) plus he had another that was broken that he wasn't sure was worthwhile giving away.
itsnotabigtruck got one n950 from me, I still have one, and the one with a broken sim slot was sent to Arie. He promised to try and get it fixed. That was before he got banned from here twice, so I doubt we'll be seeing that one again.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Ah that's right now I remember, we pitched in some $ so you could mail 1x N950 to INABT...
What made you feel Arie's best placed to get it fixed? Did you give it to him to keep if he's not able to get it fixed?
Hopefully he has some success & does hand it back to someone that has time to do some dev work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Ah that's right now I remember, we pitched in some $ so you could mail 1x N950 to INABT...
What made you feel Arie's best placed to get it fixed? Did you give it to him to keep if he's not able to get it fixed?
Hopefully he has some success & does hand it back to someone that has time to do some dev work.
Well, the broken one isn't worth much to me, and it's a headache to figure out what to do with it. Even when you send to a dev, you can't trust them to do anything with it. Hopefully INABT comes back someday :\
Anyways, I think Arie said he already sent it to someone to look at, I just doubt anyone that got banned from here is going to do us any more favours. I'll try to get it back if he's not doing anything useful with it, but it's going to cost a small fortune in shipping and I'm not sure it's worth it if not fixed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Edit: Council emailed back to let me know that real names are required. There are 5 people who I don't have real names for, I'll be reaching out to you on my next work break!
Mh, the next round. I guess we are reaching slowly the point at which we have to talk about our blood group. Nokia, you won't get even a single drop. Never again. LOL!

Btw, would have been great if Nokia had also made cars in the past... I would need a new one (since monday, yay!) and would trade the N9 from this competition to get something to sit inside and drive to work...

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

Last edited by helex; 2012-10-23 at 23:16.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Will piggybacking be sufficient? I am sure some one lacking a n9 will agree to this barter.

Edit: P.S Congrats to Wikiwide for getting a n9! really a worthy member of this community.

Last edited by aStrike; 2012-10-23 at 23:38.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aStrike For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas