Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Tarl View Post
Is this version sending our driving data to waze server ?

I'm asking caus' I try waze yesterday on a 30 km trip but got nothing change in my dashboard on waze.com.

Normal or not ?

Thanks.
It should. if it doesn't, either waze changed thier servers or it might take 24 hours for the changes to sink in.

Originally Posted by damagedspline View Post
It should. if it doesn't, either waze changed thier servers or it might take 24 hours for the changes to sink in.
Problem solve.... don't know why it takes more time.

Thanks for works & answers

I've installed the latest 0.0.10 and deleted my MyDocs/.waze directory. The program starts up okay, but it seems to hang at actually calculating a route to anywhere.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Open Source Capitol of the World
Originally Posted by leviathan3k View Post
I've installed the latest 0.0.10 and deleted my MyDocs/.waze directory. The program starts up okay, but it seems to hang at actually calculating a route to anywhere.
What country are you in? I (also) have not been able to calculate routes in the US since April, 2012. The Waze web site documents that North America has its own server and the many changes to the server (but not routing APIs).

Waze users on Android ("official" Waze version) have routing working properly. So, it is not a case of the "server being down" for North American users on N900/N9 versions.

I've installed 0.0.10 and it works well. Thank you for doing this damagedspline. My only gripe is that the top controls look rather pixellated and impact on the otherwise high quality look of the app. The option to display top bar on tap doesn't work. Nothing major.

Last edited by SamGan; 2012-11-12 at 04:37.

Originally Posted by PdxDoug View Post
What country are you in? I (also) have not been able to calculate routes in the US since April, 2012. The Waze web site documents that North America has its own server and the many changes to the server (but not routing APIs).

Waze users on Android ("official" Waze version) have routing working properly. So, it is not a case of the "server being down" for North American users on N900/N9 versions.
Yeah, I'm in the US as well.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
It is amazing that any of us can actually edit the Waze map and see our updates within a week or so.

Uninstalled Waze 0.0.10 and reverted to 0.0.9. The top and bottom bar took up too much space which reduced the map viewing area compared to the old version. Bold font for road names just makes the text unnecessarily bigger. Sorry to say this but the new version is not an improvement to me.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
the top bar not disappear and it take too much space...
Navigation is ok...

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
For all the new UI criticizers...

I understand your requests and as such I have done a new UI and made it much more like Waze 3.0:
  • Slide the right button to report
  • Click the right button to see current reports
  • Slide the left button to Navigate or change the current navigation
  • Click the left button for settings/info dialog and anywhere in the grey area to close the dialog
  • "Show me" button is transparent above the reports button
  • Next to the minimize button is the name of the next street
  • At the center bottom is the ETA bar which either show the ETA hour and the remaining distance or the remaining ETA and the current speed - those will alternate every 5 seconds between the 2 options.

Requirements:
You need the latest release (v0.0.10) - it will not work on previous releases
Compatible with both N900 & N9/50

How To:
1) Download MainView.qml
2) Place MainView.qml in /opt/waze/qml (For n00bs: you will need root for that)
3) Run Waze

Below you can see a screenshot sample of a navigation.
Be aware that I did not fully tested it as I am 150% busy for the time being - so issues may exist.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post: