Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Cutetube2 not giving any downloadable streams. Has youtube made changes again? I haven't done anything (I think). Anyone else having problems? I have only downloaded Picodrive and installed a few games. Could that have messed things up?
Have same problem. Most of videos - not playable, but not all videos. And after reboot n900 - most of videos gonna playable, but not all videos. I read this forum recently, and only a few days ago I made it work for YouTube and initially not every video worked.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leonid666 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Didi you manage to play videos? I have still managed to only to download videos. If you can play, with what player?

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Didi you manage to play videos? I have still managed to only to download videos. If you can play, with what player?

Yes, i can play some videos (not all) with standart cutetube 2 player.
i just install some packages what recomended here. And one funny things here: videos what i can't play now, will be playable after rebooting device. I don't know how it works xD

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leonid666 For This Useful Post:
cutetube2 wont find any streams to play.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
cutetube2 wont find any streams to play.
Yes no wonder I think google changed the youtube streamingdata urls or something like that.

So you need to fix the parser in qyoutube.

I will attach the difference how smtube fixed the issue in 19_20 the changes before is 18_19 which is known as the signature change this was fixed by freemangordon Sep.19.
Attached Files
File Type: txt smtube_18_19.diff.txt (15.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: txt smtube_19_20.diff.txt (5.0 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by Halftux; 2020-01-30 at 12:38.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Sorry for not understanding your (probably) clear instructions. Don't know parser, don't know what means "to fix it", and don't quite get what you mean by saying "the issue in 19_20 the changes before is 18_19 which is known as the signature change this was fixed by freemangordon Sep.19.".

Do you mean in those files you attached is some difference which I should find and that change is a signature?

By seeing the difference should I then understand how to fix it like editing with leafpad?

You posted a link of qyoutube? Why? Should I edit something in some config file according the difference which I found from the files you posted? I don't quite understand where I should find what exactly I should change/edit and where?

You mentioned freemangordon has fixed qyoutube. I have been using those fixed qyoutube and have been able to download videos from youtube but not watched. Now cutetube2 won't find any streams even to download. I hoped someone could confirm they can't either or that they still can. By that I then know have I messed something or does this concern others too.

But thanks for trying to help me. It is never easy.

Do you mean in those files you attached is some difference which I should find and that change is a signature?

By seeing the difference should I then understand how to fix it like editing with leafpad?
The information which you should get from my post is, that it is not your fault and that the application needs an update. The rest of my message is only for people who will understand and maybe try to pick up the problem and solve it. All others could ignore it. Next time I will write some more details to prevent confusions.

The attached files are patches of a different application, they show two version jumps which fixing=repair the last two changes from youtube api. The older patch was already solved from freemangordon the second patch needs to be integrated to qyoutube. Because cutetube2 uses qyoutube to communicate with youtube. When you have both patches and the changes from freemangordon you can get a clue where roughly in the source code you need to have a look to make changes.

What is a parser: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parser

Last edited by Halftux; 2020-01-30 at 20:27. Reason: changed de wiki to en

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
I may fix it again soon, if I find some spare time.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
I may fix it again soon, if I find some spare time.
It would be great I guess nobody else could fix it faster, even though you power is needed at some more important spot, thats why I tried to make it easier for others to step in. Also my interest and time is low atm.

Last edited by Halftux; 2020-01-30 at 20:48.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Thanks for clearing up. Has Smtube been working too? I tried it once but becuase it did not work I thought it is abandoned.