Notices

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Denmark
I tried to use fMMS today. For some reason the settings had gotten lost since I used it last time, probably because of the upgrade.
Well I put settings in, send an MMS and all is well. Second MMS won't send and today I suddenly loose my 3g connection. Even though I am connected to my my telephone companys APN I couldn't get on the net. I got access again only after I got the settings via a message from i phone company.

Nokia Seriously needs to take this freeware and integrate it completely into the OS instead of this foolishness. Remember how much heat apple got for not supporting mms nativelyin the Iphone? Nokia should wake up and fix this half baked piece of **** phone.

Last edited by ptpoul; 2010-08-07 at 16:58.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Dastis View Post
Then just send it as an email!!!! Oh my god why are you people so hell bent on sticking to this archaic system!!!! Get youmfriend to set up their own email account and they will thank you for it!!!! If the the phone can accept MMS then I garauntee you it can have an email account set up. It is basically the same thing but there are no size restictions via email and you can add as much as you like. Make sure your recipient has a hotmail, Gmail or any other home POP email client set up (ie tiscali, blueyonder, btinternet, etc). It is inifinitley easier than mucking around with an mms programe, it will litterally take a minute or two and have a 100% success rate.

Don't faff around with an archaic method of transfering data that doesn't work for some stupid reason thru thislinux based system. And as much as the designer tries, it is not a reliable alternative to standard phones. It's exactly the same process as setting up an email account on your computer and pretty much every phone available nowadays can do this. My wifes samsung from 5 years ago does so I'm sure your recipiemts does too. Just remember an mms is just an email!
Mabe Nokia should just get their **** together and support a service that their customers still want?
This piece of freeware is awesome, but it will never be 100% perfect because it isn't fully integrated into the n900 and there are probably parts of the code that is closed so the developer can't make it so (I have no idea I am just a dumb user).
The benefit of MMS is that it is easy, it is quick and usually is dispayed directly on the recipients phone as a popup for instant easy access. While an email is nice it is not directly connected to the recipients phone number and thus their phone.
Many of my friends prefer NOT getting their e.mails on their phones. Mails are often work related and they use their phones for non work related purposes.

The Nokia fanboyism on these forums is sickening.

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Please for the love of whatever you believe in, take your Nokia complaints somewhere else. This thread IS NOT the place to vent your anger against Nokia. Thank you.

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by frals View Post
Please read the first post of this thread, thank you.

fMMS 1.2.4 released aka "drafts! DRAFTS! FINALLY THE DRAFT!"
My fmms version 1.2.3 (N900) does not automatically updated to version 1.2.4, this new version is now available in extras-devel? Or maybe you're having some trouble in the auto update N900 (Maemo 5, 10.2010.19-1)?
Thanks, Samuel

Hello Frals,

Sent you the log earlier on and you said you there is no error. The attached image is the error I get when trying to send mms.
Is this by any way related to you removing support for wap protocol.

Originally Posted by symbiosis View Post
Hello frals,

I was discussing with other users the possibility of finally being able to have wap connection on the N900.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=59517

Someone suggested asking you about expending fMMS to support wap protocol connection, is it possible?

Thank you.
Attached Images

Then just send it as an email!!!! Oh my god why are you people so hell bent on sticking to this archaic system!!!! Get youmfriend to set up their own email account and they will thank you for it!!!! If the the phone can accept MMS then I garauntee you it can have an email account set up. It is basically the same thing but there are no size restictions via email and you can add as much as you like. Make sure your recipient has a hotmail, Gmail or any other home POP email client set up (ie tiscali, blueyonder, btinternet, etc). It is inifinitley easier than mucking around with an mms programe, it will litterally take a minute or two and have a 100% success rate.

Don't faff around with an archaic method of transfering data that doesn't work for some stupid reason thru thislinux based system. And as much as the designer tries, it is not a reliable alternative to standard phones. It's exactly the same process as setting up an email account on your computer and pretty much every phone available nowadays can do this. My wifes samsung from 5 years ago does so I'm sure your recipiemts does too. Just remember an mms is just an email!

Perhaps some people don't want to synchronise their entire inbox via their mobile connection every time they wish to check for messages, certainly not to receive an MMS in the form of an email they don't know was sent. MMS is instant, universal, simpler to use and doesn't drain on the mobile connection so for a lot of people this will be cheaper too.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Originally Posted by doksng View Post
Hello Frals,

Sent you the log earlier on and you said you there is no error. The attached image is the error I get when trying to send mms.
Is this by any way related to you removing support for wap protocol.
I've seen this a few times now, I kind of agree, it wasn't an error in the application, rather I'd messed up either the MMSC or the HTTP proxy. (I don't recall which now)

In the end it was a problem with the 'http://' - I have to use http:// on the mmsc, but just an IP address for the proxy. After I got that sorted, the screenshot you posted went away.

The Following User Says Thank You to dchky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!

sheesh! people have a CHOICE of what they want. If they want to send a pic message to a grandma with no email access but MMS on their phone, its convenient for them. Your email deal works for you, GOOD JOB. Please go EMAIL your doctor to reorder a new 90 day supply of valium, ok?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Frals,
i can update it now. I don't know why it won't work for the last two weeks but now it is updated.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Frals, thanks for the great program It's working allmost like I want it to, but I do have a couple small problems with it, both related to scrolling.

1. When i receive a message with a one picture and two lines of text, I can see only the top quarter of the second line, and can't scroll the message. More lines of text, or more pictures, and it scrolls perfectly with hand.

2. When I write a message, after 5 lines the screen doesn't automaticly scroll down to where the cursor goes. Makes it hard to write longer messages.

I'm using version 1.2.2, but these have been there all the time I have been using it. Would be nice if you could find some help to these, also being able to send more than one picture in one message would be super nice

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikZ For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python