Notices

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
My MMS settings on Vodafeckers uk are as follows mate, and they work perfectly for me;

Access Point Name: wap.vodafone.co.uk
MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
User name: wap
Password: user
HTTP Proxy 212.183.137.12
Port: 8799

All advanced settings (IP, Primary and Secondary DNS) are all set to 0.0.0.0

Resize is medium and connection setting is havoc.

Might be the connection setting or alternatively, check your APN's (Settings > Internet Connections > Connections) and ensure that you have a Vodafone MMS setting in there. If not you may need to download fAPN from the repo's and set one up manually - although fMMS should be doing this for you anyway.

If you do need to set up an APN let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to Switch_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ staffordshire, uk
hmm just gave it a reboot an now he setting i entered via fms have gone from connections list, will add via fapn an report back, cheers dude

well its alowin the connection just ned someone to send me a mms lol thanks again

It's not often the stuff i type is helpful/useful so say thanks if it is

Last edited by try-alls; 2011-02-04 at 12:01. Reason: result

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
To set up APN settings are as follows:

Connection Name: Vodafone MMS
Connection Type: Packet Data
Acces Point Name: wap.vodafone.co.uk
User Name: wap
Password: user
Use Proxy: Checked
HTTP Proxy: 212.183.137.12
Port: 8799
Auto-retrieve IP address: checked
Auto-retreive DNS: checked

Give it a shot and let me know

***EDIT thanks for pointing out the IP was wrong***

Last edited by Switch_; 2011-02-04 at 12:15.

Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
To set up APN settings are as follows:

HTTP Proxy: 212.183.137.2

Should that be 212.183.137.12?

The Following User Says Thank You to zenecho For This Useful Post:
Frals

Once again let me thank you for this app and all the work you have done. The last update was great.

I have a couple of things to request or point out.

When one clicks reply the # does not automatically go the the to box. You have to pick it to reply. In sms its automatic. Can this be fixed?

Also I just tried to delete all past fmms and had to delete them one by one. Can a option be made to delete all?

Thanks
louiekid

PS
Keep up the great work for this N900 community is grateful.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Perhaps you should start by reading some of the thread here. If you did, a lot of the questions you have would be answered.
I'm really sorry I didn't have time to read (at the time) around 60 pages of stuff about this piece of software, and making the completely unwarranted assumption that the documentation might be the correct way to go.

As for the bit about the "MMS" access point, it IS still there if you use polite or rude mode. It's "hidden" if you use havoc mode (which I think is now the default). When I switch to polite mode (in latest version) I get a new APN called MMS.
I'm so glad that these "modes" are explained in detail, and that they seem to affect how things are displayed. Oh wait, they aren't and they don't, at least not for me.

If I don't follow the instructions on the wiki (step 1 is select polite mode), and let it default to havoc mode, I DON'T see the MMS APN, because I'm in havoc mode.
My software has been in polite mode all the time, but as I said, I don't see the MMS APN, if such a thing should exist.

Wait, don't you mean you're sticking up for someone who was falsely claiming that fmms was no longer supported, because the author was to busy to reply to him within a day, and the documentation was several versions out of date? Extechop wasn't asking for help, he was replying to someone else asking for help.

So instead of helping, you're calling me names, after I wrote up a reply noting that the topic (the creation/existance of an APN) does happen still based on fmms settings, and suggested that he search/read the thread to see confirmation of that?

Who's the prick here?

It's people like you that drive people away. You drive away people like me, that are under no obligation to help but still do. Part of helping is correcting false claims by those who don't know what's going on, yet present themselves as if they do.

Would it have been better to let his accusation go completely unanswered? Nobody else answered the question, including you. Should I have simply NOT replied with any info at all? Which is more likely to scare new "memers" off? False information that a key app is no longer supported, or someone saying "no, the answer is Y, you should search the thread for more info about it."

If new members are scared off by the thought of using the search feature in this forum, I say good riddance. There are thousands of posts in just this one thread, yet alone the whole forum. If they can't search and expect "support" for their every question instantly, they're more of a hindrance than help.

I can't help but note that you didn't answer him, though you did find the time to insult those that did. Maybe if you spent less time preaching and more time practicing what you preach this forum would be a little better off.

You want to be helpful, show it. Post useful replies to people asking questions instead of bad mouthing people that are actually helping here.
Have i missed somethin?? I didn't answer because i didn't have an answer, i'm sick of reading ppl's post and then all they get back is.... do a search, or do some research. Alot of ppl including me don't have the time to read thousands of posts when it could be answered with a click of a button. Anyway, i do apologise if i bad mouthed you for no reason, but at the same time i'm still pissed off at the way people react over an innocent questions. If someone started a thread on "how do i turn my phone on" I'll bet 50 quid on the respose. Inteligense is seperated quite widely between different people and i don't for 1 minute considder myself to be one of the brainier ones but we all need help no matter what the problem is. Its worth helping just to read how thankful they are afterwards. Anyhoo, again... i do apoligise

The Following User Says Thank You to natedog400 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by extechop View Post
My software has been in polite mode all the time, but as I said, I don't see the MMS APN, if such a thing should exist.
I notice nobody has still answered my (implied) question: should there be a MMS APN, or not? What can I do if there isn't one visible, even in polite mode?

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by extechop View Post
I notice nobody has still answered my (implied) question: should there be a MMS APN, or not? What can I do if there isn't one visible, even in polite mode?
There should be one, at least in Polite mode.

To start from a clean slate, do the following:
Uninstall fMMS.
Run the following from xterm: gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/fmms

Reinstall and start fMMS, go to configuration > settings and fill in/check they are correct. If the "Connection mode" switch is in "Polite", you should have the MMS connection visible in your internet connection list.

Hope this helps!

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following User Says Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
i noticed this latests version of fMMS got a little bug....
after i received a MMS from my friends,i can save the picture as before but when it come to delete that MMS the bug came out....
after i have long press the MMS...the delete popup came out...i press the delete but funny thing is the MMS did not deleted properly....the MMS is still there on the list....
but if i exit the apps & run it one more time then only then the MMS is completed deleted from the list....

can you fixed this bug so we can delete any MMS completely without have to exit & run the apps again????

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python