Active Topics

Great news! Access just released Garnet VM Beta 2 adding fullscreen support as well as MathLib support. Please verify and report any other enhancements that you find!

Since our launch in November 2007, the ACCESS Garnet VM Beta for Nokia Nseries can boast over 15,000 downloads! Like you, thousands of Garnet VM users around the world still enjoy using Garnet OS applications for their simplicity and their diversity. During the last six months, we have received a tremendous response about the Garnet VM launch. You have shared valuable comments about the features you want to see in the next version of Garnet VM and the improvements you want in the applications. We listened to our GVM community and thanks to your help made some changes. We have added the most requested feature—support for full screen rendering. We have also identified and made other improvements to Garnet VM including providing full support for MathLib that will enable many additional applications to run on Garnet VM.

Today, we are pleased to announce that the new ACCESS GVM Beta 2 for Nokia Nseries is available:

Download the ACCESS GVM Beta 2 from our web site: http://www.access-company.com/products/gvm/

Regards,

The Garnet VM Team
Read the full article.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Warning: Their database can't find you for download if you use a gmail address with +addressing. (With GMail, if your email is username@gmail.com, you can give sites username+tag@gmail.com, allowing easy filtering and recognition of anyone who sells your email...) I learned this last time with the original release, and rediscovered it now.

They will, however, send you duplicate copies of the updates...

(Also, wouldn't it be nice if they looked at their EULA on an N800? It wouldn't be hard to make just the download pages fit in 800px...)

Some apps I would like to know if it's working:

1. SlingPlayer
2. DateBk6
3. Documents To Go Suite

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
well i han't really tested any apps yet but the full screen makes it not only more usable but awsome. Even tough there are like 50 pixels at the top not being used it alot better

I think there's 80 pixels; the 1.5x scaleup gives 320x480 -> 480x720 -> 720x480

But, yes, it's better. I think I got the first screenshots of full-screen mode, over in the screenshot thread..

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Mexico City
Preliminary results:

I just downloaded and installed Garent VM 2 on my N800.

First strike: I got an error but it seems the new version works just fine, so don't curse before you try it What is really bad is that t doesn't recognize your previous GVM installation at all so that means you'll need to HotSync again to get Notes, Calendar and Addressbook again. Very uncomfortable but I was willing to put up with this based on the performance of the new version.

Which I am very happy to say is a MARKED improvement over the first

2 Essential pieces of software for me now work flawlessly:

SmartLists to Go (I know this will make a lot of people happy)
PalmaryClock

That's all I've been able to try without Hotsyncing so far. The Full Portrait view is really nice. I will keep posting as I try more Palm software. The Access page said PocketTunes is now supported and I really have to see that working in my N800.

Good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to angelb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
NO error message after hotsync!
and for a change, it hotsync address, DateBook, To Do List. Now it is a real PIM and of course, it is full screen too. I am installing epocrates, a drug book........... either you can sell drugs on the street or check out how much your MD does not know. It takes 11 minutes........

Edit: Epocrates is up and running.
Edit: GoogleMaps Mobile, full screen, up and running. And is eye blinking fast now (compare to the old version of snail loading), and I am looking at my 'mansion' via satellite.

bun

N800/2008Os

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-05-30 at 01:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Just tried DateBk6 and it works!

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
well i feel like im cheating...installed all my book readers....ebook,isilo.etc....some small dictionaries.. 5-6 books...nifty...now

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by joepagiii View Post
well i feel like im cheating...installed all my book readers....ebook,isilo.etc....some small dictionaries.. 5-6 books...nifty...now
I'm assuming you've see FBReader?

Tags
garnet, palm