still no answer? does anyone has the installition guide?

so sad forum.meego.com is down *bump*

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
As some users demanded, here is the post #20 of MeeGo forum (which is down) about Java SE installation :

Default Re: OpenJDK / Iced Tea for Harmattan
I'll give a full write-up later, but this should get you up and running.

Downlaod the headful version of Java SE for Embedded by going to and filling out the annoying form on Sun's website. Do not, instead type in (assuming you've installed wget) to your shell:

# wget tinyurl.com/java-n9

as this would violate Sun's Licensing Agreemnt. Once finished downloading, you'll want to extract it to it's final resting place, (so if you were using /opt)

# tar -xzvf ejre-7u2-fcs-b13-linux-arm-vfp-client_headful-22_nov_2011.tar.gz -C /opt

now you need to define a couple environment variables to appease the Sun(TM) gods (note: add these to your .profile if you don't want to be annoyed all to hell redefining them every time you open a shell)

# export JAVA_HOME=/opt/ejre1.7.0_02
# export PLUGIN_HOME=/opt/ejre1.7.0_02/lib
# export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin

oh, and of course... make sure that root owns $JAVA_HOME and everything in it, and everything in $JAVA_HOME/bin is executable

# chown root -R $JAVA_HOME
# chmod +x $JAVA_HOME/bin/*

From here, I went and ran (though I dunno why it's the only thing that wont just run as if it is in PATH)

# sh $JAVA_HOME/bin/jcontrol

which will open up the GUI control panel. I pretty much just went through and loosened every possible security feature (ie - possible barrier to it working), although some or none of that may have been necessary. I also pointed it to fennec for default browser though that was also likely inconsequential.

And that's it... to run a jar file which is made for Java SE, just type in:

# java -jar <genericjarfilethatyouhave>.jar

hopefully I'll be able to guide through adding support for JavaME tomorrow, from within the jcontrol GUI.
-------------------------

The usual caveat of "I have no bleeping idea what I am doing, and would likely be better off button-mashing while in terminal" applies, of course. And also, I don't know if anything this will piss of Aegis, and bring upon you the wrath of MALF... as I run openmode... but I dont see why it would, other than if you choose to edit .profile maybe.
The "tinyurl.com/java-n9" address is unvailable, so go the Sun website.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

any support for the keyboard when the jar is running ??