Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Why so much in WP7 R&D? Isn't that Microsoft's job? I wonder where them moneyz will go...
i can tell you. Its going into the pocket of the devil (elop)

The Following User Says Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by ivlok View Post
Maybe Elop tenure won't be that long
http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NYSE:NOK
i hope that the board of directors will mention this and think about what elop did to one of the greatest companies in europe... ruining it...

Originally Posted by Brock View Post
i can tell you. Its going into the pocket of the devil (elop)
His pocket must be hell..

Elop gonna get raped by all satisfied Symbian users. There is a lot.
If I had been in the press conference, I would have thrown my shoes at him.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
UI? Simplest thing to fix, it's just spoilers on the car, under the hood Symbian is a Veyron SS.
Its true, its much easier to fix than the stuff under the hood. It was so simple, Nokia screwed it up twice in 3 years even with a HUGE r&d budget!
The UI overhaul on n97, horrid.. horrid experience
The UI overhaul on n8, more consistent but still feels like early 2000.

There's absolutely no reason to expect them to be successful a 3rd time round. The problems are probably due to
- 10+ year old Symbian code turned to spaghetti, code changes very difficult to make without a domino effect over the rest of the code
- poor poor project management and 9am-5pm paycheck Symbian developers who are there just to fix bugs.. not rock the boat

i get the impression the Symbian software department was so fundamentally broken it could not be fixed without mass firings

Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
If I had been in the press conference, I would have thrown my shoes at him.
Only the cheap kind. He would suffer so much being touched by them cheap ones, or we should just pay that experienced Arab who threw them at Bush, he won't miss this time.

Goodbye my friends,
it's hard to die
when all the birds
are singing in the sky...

Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
Its true, its much easier to fix than the stuff under the hood. It was so simple, Nokia screwed it up twice in 3 years even with a HUGE r&d budget!
The UI overhaul on n97, horrid.. horrid experience
The UI overhaul on n8, more consistent but still feels like early 2000.

There's absolutely no reason to expect them to be successful a 3rd time round. The problems are probably due to
- 10+ year old Symbian code turned to spaghetti, code changes very difficult to make without a domino effect over the rest of the code
- poor poor project management and 9am-5pm paycheck Symbian developers who are there just to fix bugs.. not rock the boat

i get the impression the Symbian software department was so fundamentally broken it could not be fixed without mass firings
S^4 was supposed to be a huge overhaul. The team probably took their time to create a UI that would last another decade. The OS is the most optimized, can't go wrong with that.

N97 didn't have any new UI, it just introduced widgets. When it was first introduced in the trailer, most were impressed. Slow hardware gave Symbian bad rep. If they continiued the OMAP 2420 route, all would have been perfect.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto, Canada
Originally Posted by twodice View Post
I actually like the idea of nokia and ms. Nokia still make the best hardware for me.Their build quality is great too

Lets not forget samsung take ages to release updates - e.g all the galaxy range ( and yes i own a tab and a galaxy s)

sony ericsson - look at the x10 and others, no 2.2 for them at all and no xda devs port so far.

lg - piss poor in general.

htc are ok but still make hardware which is questionable in terms of durability - screen issues and the old htc tytn 2/ nearly all htc phones video driver problem for which i have not forgiven them ( i owned a tytn2).

the only other option is th eiphone and ill be lloking closely at the iphone 5 but id rather a nokia build with wp7. ultimatley we all more or less started with win mo anyway so its just continuing the trend.

theres no need for anyone to abandon ship unless you think for some reason the grass is greener on the other side.

still happy with my n900.
Google Nexus S. That is all.

The Following User Says Thank You to canabal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 154 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ South Africa
I think Android is about to get a whole lot of developers.
Debian

The Following User Says Thank You to Ele-Mental For This Useful Post:

Tags
elop ur a pain, meego sucks