Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
As long as it uses X, GTK is just a compile away. Even if they use Wayland, GTK3 should handle that too. But any desktop style GUI would still look like **** though :-)
As possible as wxWidgets on Maemo 4/5 and MeeGo Harmattan, for example. But try to release (in Nokia Store) a software made in wxWidgets...

The GUI framework should be made mobile, i.e., able to read touch events, deal with small screens, etc. Canonical has not stated that Gtk can be used on Ubuntu Phone OS.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hi,

think this os has some nice features, but bodhi linux is also installable on the nexus 7. So I would prefer the enlightment desktop over ubuntu.

CU!

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by n-mi View Post
Lot of OSes that are announced these times, but sadly I see nothing on the hardware side. By nothing I say : no recent smartphone with gorgeous specification AND an hardware keyboard.

Ubuntu, Jolla, Tizen look fine, but what I really want is an N900 with newer hardware...
This is so true..

We, Nokia/qwerty enthusiasts have very limited choices..
it's 2013 and we have , what? the N900, the N97 and the E7...

Jeez

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
they will release it for galaxy nexus in the end of FEB. How will they lock it down for only galaxy nexus? I want to run it on other devices, whats my chances?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
As possible as wxWidgets on Maemo 4/5 and MeeGo Harmattan, for example. But try to release (in Nokia Store) a software made in wxWidgets...

The GUI framework should be made mobile, i.e., able to read touch events, deal with small screens, etc. Canonical has not stated that Gtk can be used on Ubuntu Phone OS.
If they are planning on using this "Dock to TV" for desktop mode, then it would be safe to assume that there is Gtk already in the device. So I wonder how one would go about triggering the desktop view to show on the device itself?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
If they are planning on using this "Dock to TV" for desktop mode, then it would be safe to assume that there is Gtk already in the device. So I wonder how one would go about triggering the desktop view to show on the device itself?
I suppose there will be desktop Unity armhf for super-phones, which will run for desktop mode use when connected to TV/monitor and keyboard.

But desktop Unity and Gtk will not be made mobile : supporting touch, virtual keyboard, etc.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-UaQTuPJ0-A

Ubuntu-style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GgxzbvuHwi0

He is high! Bur R2-D2 is in the video.

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-01-23 at 18:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-UaQTuPJ0-A

Ubuntu-style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GgxzbvuHwi0

He is high! Bur R2-D2 is in the video.
That's a very nice launcher, gonna have to try this on the touchpad CM9/10

Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
That's a very nice launcher, gonna have to try this on the touchpad CM9/10
indeed. very nice. I'm trying it as well, but it's not cheap

Tags
linuxrules2013