I have the shadow also since I bought the device 2 weeks ago.

But actually if you don't look for it, it is hardly noticable.

But it seems that the touch screen gets less responsive at the border areas. Not sure if this is connected to the display protection foil.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by profusion View Post
I got mine from Nokia Canada, is there anyway to find out if they have no defective ones there? will they have to ship it from the U.S or were the main factory is that has adjusted this in the assembly line?

Id rather ship it to were it will get replaced then to go into a loop that get me no where bot a lost device like some had on this forum.
Well, any source is either going to tell you they're ALL good, or refuse to say anything. The latter is more likely I'll bet.

Yeah, I don't know what to tell you about the loops. It's easy to say "replace it" but I do realize there's a risk. All I can say the process is being scrutinized...

As promised, this is a picture of my N800 after about 2 weeks use. No dropping or bad handling. It never looked this way when I had it before on the first week and a half.
I can only imagine this will get worse over time as it has now...

Last edited by profusion; 2007-05-18 at 04:12.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Also the day before i noticed on the far right sside i had trouble witthh having the screen to scroll and had to press harder in order for it to respond.
Did you write this post with an N800? I'm asking this because I noticed that various letters are typed twice, same problem that sometimes happens to me.

Omar

Originally Posted by maxilogan View Post
Did you write this post with an N800? I'm asking this because I noticed that various letters are typed twice, same problem that sometimes happens to me.

Omar

I did, so its not just me then.. I thought I was not typing correctly.. I guess it wasn't that anoying enough for me to post about but good thing you noticed it. Now I know im not going crazy =P.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
I did, so its not just me then.. I thought I was not typing correctly.. I guess it wasn't that anoying enough for me to post about but good thing you noticed it. Now I know im not going crazy =P.
eh eeh eh.. I Was thinking of changing the original screen protection with a good old brando "classic". Hope it will improve..

I would like to bring mine back to Nokia Canada were I purchased my unit online. Has anyone had experiences with them in returning the device and time it took to repair? I'm reluctant to do so with the stories I hear and also upset I have to deal with an unsatisfactory device because of the touch screen issue after paying over $500 for it. Any suggestions?

Profusion, that's not the absolute worst I've seen (which, interestingly, has only been 1 out of several thousand), BUT it is typical of the general worst cases (of which I've seen many dozen). It may or may not worsen from there.

Other then the fact that i can no longer scroll on the right,what was your suggestion again?

Ok, if scrolling doesn't work, return it.