Notices

Hi All,

Cepi once again great, great job I missed your app, It works great on the Nexus 5.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Can someone explain how to switch from android whatsapp client without troubles ?
And is it possible to import db (chats, groups etc..) from android whatsapp client ?
Thanks
Doesn't matter, already installed and started to use without starting of Android whatsapp..
Thanks Cepi! Work very good.
A little question, can you add additional window to the "forward" option? For now it show two windows (contacts and groups), maybe you can add also the conversations window, it will take less time to find the needed contact.
Thanks.

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Doesn't matter, already installed and started to use without starting of Android whatsapp..
Thanks Cepi! Work very good.
A little question, can you add additional window to the "forward" option? For now it show two windows (contacts and groups), maybe you can add also the conversations window, it will take less time to find the needed contact.
Thanks.
"Groups" window is conversations.

Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
"Groups" window is conversations.
No... this window show only groups, I mean window like "conversations" where you can see active groups and contacts that you already spoke with them. Same functionality like in android whatsapp.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
No... this window show only groups, I mean window like "conversations" where you can see active groups and contacts that you already spoke with them. Same functionality like in android whatsapp.
What do you mean?
The conversations list already shows all chats....

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
What do you mean?
The conversations list already shows all chats....
Ok.. I will try to explain again...
Go to chat with one of your contacts -> long press on the one of messages -> choose "forward" -> choose "Share with:" -> and here you will see two windows:
1. Contacts list
2. Groups

I mean adding window #3 "Conversations" where you can see all ACTIVE chats and groups instead to search specific contact in window #1 especially if your contacts list is long.
This way work android forward option and I think it very convenient

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
So, I just installed this. Nice to have a native client, but a few caveats:

1) Is it possible to archive conversations/chats? (eg. remove from the active conversation list without deleting them completely)

2)Any line breaks (enter) i put into my messages are not transmitted for some reason. Is this a bug, or a "feature?"
(Edit: Ok, noticed this only happens when I try to circumvent the below issue and have "send on enter" turned on. If it's off and you send by pressing the send button, line breaks are included in the message, as they should).

3)Likewise, if I have "send on enter" turned off, and write a really long message, the "send message" button gets scrolled past the top of the screen, and thus I can't send the message at all (without going into settings and turning on "send message on enter") due to the send button being off-screen on the GUI.

...And If I try to circumvent that problem & click on the message window to turn off the keyboard & be able to scroll the message list, the "send" button frustratingly changes into the microphone button...

And lastly, something less critical, It would be nice if there'd be an option to chose the size of inline-displayed image thumbnails (eg. small-medium-arge). Coming from the default android client, the current one feels a bit small in comparsion - you always have to separately open images in order to make out anything of them.

Last edited by Yeum; 2015-06-21 at 14:21.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yeum For This Useful Post:
btw, does anyone notice that when you start typing and switching chat windows quite a bit, Whatsup seems to slow to a pause?

it's only me or it's known issue ? I can't send video that I did from stock camera. When app opens list of available videos, I can't see my videos.. I see only videos that I got from other people in whatsapp...

Working here.

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup