Notices

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
not the work itself but personal karma (not talking about maemo.org karma now).

A bit like you found a cure to the AIDS and after that stab hundred people death with no apparent reason.

Without personal attacks I would probably agreed with the rant but that dirt tells more about the writer than the persons itself...
See what you mean, he must be met with some s*** in his life to give this back and the other way around (what you give is what you recieve). I agree with your point of view on this ossi...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Sorry to see qwerty go. I didn't much like the personal attacks in the rant and I don't think female parts should be used derogatively.

The more general attacks on fanboyism are correct, if a tad crude, pehaps.

I still think the N900 is the best phone out there at the moment. The openmoko freerunner didn't quite make it. I wish there was a Freer phone, with N900 specs or better, of course.

A publicly traded corporation will screw their customers if it is in their interest, financially. We will see if there will be demand for Freedom and openness. If so, then the capitalist pigs will deliver. If there is not enough demand, then the FOSS community will have to try making a phone of their own again.

ps Qwerty, I'm sure you could get some diagnosis (ADD, Aspergers, Tourettes?), if you think it could help...

I'm sure you can also find a community that is less infuriating for you. I hope you don't give up on FOSS.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
A bit like you found a cure to the AIDS and after that stab hundred people death with no apparent reason.
Well, I get your point but the analogy is way too exaggerated.
He didn't go anywhere near either ends of such spectrum.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Thanks for all the great work.

Everyone needs to blow off a little steam once in a while. Anyone who gets offended by one little rant and dismisses you or your work because of that has issues of their own. Perhaps a little more over the top than necessary, but aren't most rants a little over the top? Otherwise they wouldn't rants, they'd be a discussion.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Dude, this is just a bummer. You're the best and the brightest; I could only wish I had that kind of talent when I was your age. But I'm gonna try to impart some wisdom 'cause I want you to have a long and successful life. I've come to a few of them in my time, but when your first instinct is to burn a bridge, maybe just walk across it instead. Or just use regular ordnance, but don't use nukes.

So long and thanks for all the FOSS, you will be sadly, sadly missed.

P.S. The french guy tried to burn me too. When I was agreeing with him! I think he should change the first part of his handle to f*ckoff.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
I'm thinkin' qwerty12 may actualy be only "step 4" of a "5-step Plan to Success (tm)".

I look forward to step 5 when he becomes available for the mainstream public. I'm wondering if he will have full OVI maps and is multi-touch.

SLN member # 009

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Philadelphia
Hmmm, who could this french dude be.

A rant summary:
  • Community members are predominantly fanboys that put iTards to shame.
  • Community Council has failed to get results from Nokia, and act as Nokia apologists instead of creating solutions
    (my own note:they might have taken initiative to (temporarily) break SSU in order to get open source component updates between PR releases, in a way which could be reversed on the arrival of future PR releases, solving http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._packages-002/)
  • A few personal attacks to various community members, one on a vaporware developer who defends Nokia on Flash, another on a Stockholm Syndrome suffering former-Nokian, one referring to an undeserved-donation requester, and a special one for a French IRC blowhard.
  • Many people getting their packages from extras-devel, because Maemo Extras QA rules are broken, and the new-ish "super testers" have not fixed the problem. Point of Ovi repository requirements being easier to satisfy than Extras
  • Complaint about too many Maemo 5 components being closed, and mention of bug submissions to request source for specific components being ignored/WONTFIX'd. Specifically, the volume applet had to be modified with sed to allow the Extended Locked Media Player Control to work.
  • Rage on delusional repetition by Talk forum members that Maemo 5 is open, really, for reals, totally man.
  • Mention that those claiming that Nokia respects privacy more than Google, or is more open than Google, are also delusional. Reference to MyNokia insult, and that not even all closed parts of Maemo 5 are made available in the binary repository.
  • Suggestion that fanboys visit their medical practitioner to be tested for STD's contracted from Nokia.
  • A call that those that are offended by these points should remove all software that qwerty12 has developed, including rootsh. This displays the breadth of qwerty12's contributions to those who might jump to the conclusion that he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Last edited by flailingmonkey; 2010-08-04 at 23:04. Reason: Clarifying my own note

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to flailingmonkey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flailingmonkey View Post
Hmmm, who could this french dude be.

A rant summary:
  • Suggestion that fanboys visit their medical practitioner to be tested for STD's contracted from Nokia.

I have always used a condom when ****ed by Nokia

This........ sucks.

This is a sad event .

I certainly hope I wasn't the target of any of that.. as I have the utmost respect for qwerty12. He is (was), by far, one of the greatest contributors to this community.

It's like watching a God fall... just... sad.

Good luck in your future qwerty12 ... I'm sure wherever you end up you'll be one of the best contributors to that community as well.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
I'm going to second Texrat's note on your complete and total lack of tact with your immature and excessively vulgar rant.

Perhaps on your way out you could have not tied yourself to such a crude flipping of the bird to people here, especially considering the good work you've done.
Don't you mean lcuk? I hadn't made any comments...

Tags
childish, fa[n]bo[j]s, icanhazapp?, ranting, reality, ridiculous, strong language, teen_angst, warning