How do i do this? Where can i get the firmware from?

Im giving my phone away and i desperatly need chinese input.

thanks for all help

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
the hk firmware has NOT been hacked, and i doubt that would be hacked soon. There are plenty 'other' ways of inputing chinese. mscim, googlepingyin, and one from 'Japanese bear', just search around this forum. If you cant find it, post back, I will help.

The advantage of hk firmware is handwrittenrecognition, both chinese and english, but it is limited to certain imei number, the birth certificate of your N900, hint, hint, hint,....got it?

bun

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Amazonia (Spain)
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
the hk firmware has NOT been hacked, and i doubt that would be hacked soon. There are plenty 'other' ways of inputing chinese. mscim, googlepingyin, and one from 'Japanese bear', just search around this forum. If you cant find it, post back, I will help.

The advantage of hk firmware is handwrittenrecognition, both chinese and english, but it is limited to certain imei number, the birth certificate of your N900, hint, hint, hint,....got it?

bun
The question changes to "it's possible a workaround for enabling english handwriting recognition over "standard" pr1.2?"

My job is to give hint, hint, hint... and I have done it. Now waiting for some guru to pick up from there

bun

You maybe able to download penpower*.install, and even install it, upon using it, it gave,
"wrong imei number." and quit

If you go directly to Nokia update site, it wont allow you to download that version of PR1.2, instead,
"Imei is not allowed.", even quit faster

Any more suggestions ?

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-06-08 at 06:56.