Notices

Munk, thanks for your efforts with this, I think it will be a very useful program when finished. I uninstalled the old version and installed the new.

I now get a splash screen then a smaller box with the following message:
"R: No module named expat; use SimpleXMLTre
instead"

Then an OK button and a cancel button. Both of these end the program. Also, I'm sure I'm not seeing the entire message as it runs out of the box on both ends and it's black text on a black background. I haven't tried it from terminal yet.

Hope this helps!

Update: just ran it in terminal and the full error message is " ERROR: No module named expat; use SimpleXMLTreeBuilder instead"

Last edited by slick204; 2009-05-17 at 16:49. Reason: Update

The Following User Says Thank You to slick204 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
Originally Posted by slick204 View Post
the full error message is " ERROR: No module named expat; use SimpleXMLTreeBuilder instead"
Excellent, thank you for posting the error. Dang, I'm nowhere near my tablet right now. I need to do some checking and see what package this is in. For now, my first thought is that you need to install "libxml2" which takes getting into red-pill mode. But, I'll check later and make sure. Also, once it is up on extras-devel, I understand that it will load all dependencies when done from there.

I also, see from the error that my message box thingy needs to do better line wrap handling too. That way the whole error can be viewed.

Ok, I found that when I uninstalled "Python2.5-xml" is when I got the same error about 'expat' not being installed. Wow, I'm not sure what I have done that my program needs both so I'll look into reducing it down to a single library or even eliminate it all together by making my own XML functions.

This whole dependency thing kind of stinks imho.

But, for now, you should install "Python2.5-xml" to get it working. You'll need to be in red-pill mode though to see the file for installation.

I believe xml.etree is in the standard library; have you looked into using that?

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

I got it running! It's a very nice looking app. I have the atmosphere section working, so I won't have to listen to the hotel a/c all night. I tried an alarm but nothing happened. What sound does the alarm use? When I try to put in a zip code in the settings it crashes. The error in Xterm is "global name 'urllib2' is not defined" There's also another error: "Cannot update XML data from Accuweather". There's more but I have to quit for now. Hope this helps some.

Another update: The alarm worked this morning; I'm not sure what happened last night.

Last edited by slick204; 2009-05-19 at 02:01. Reason: Update

The Following User Says Thank You to slick204 For This Useful Post:
I'm getting a crash whenever I try to change the zip code as well.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Jimmy cricket, I broke something during my minimizing dependencies on included files.

I'll take a look into this and have it back up and running soon.

For now, you can edit the file named "config.xml" and manually enter your ZIP code into the tag of "<location>". it is located here:

Code:
/usr/share/traveller/data/config.xml

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Hey, Munk, anything happening with this valiant effort?

Tags
atmosphere, horoscope, python, traveller, weather