Notices

hi i updtaed to the new version 0.2.0 i think, anyway the last that was on the app.manager. and it stoped working. i uninstalled it and a couple of other program and installed the new maemo update 10.2010.19-1.002 and still callnotify doesn't work.

help please

and i am Numb i don't know anything about linux or other, so if you can post help with all the steps, like open terminal... thnx

tal

When we expect the ( Call Notifier ) to hit the Extras??
It is very important Appl.

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by !!Nokia N900!! View Post
When we expect the ( Call Notifier ) to hit the Extras??
It is very important Appl.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing#Promotion

Originally Posted by talpjcohen View Post
hi i updtaed to the new version 0.2.0 i think, anyway the last that was on the app.manager. and it stoped working. i uninstalled it and a couple of other program and installed the new maemo update 10.2010.19-1.002 and still callnotify doesn't work.

help please

and i am Numb i don't know anything about linux or other, so if you can post help with all the steps, like open terminal... thnx

tal

Hi tal, do you know which kind of firmware do you have? If it's not the global distribution, you might not see any notifications.

If you do have the global, there is a troubleshooting post here that I wrote, but it does require some linux knowledge, and unfortunately I'm currently busy with my graduation project, so I'm not sure I'll be able to walk this through with you hand by hand. But I'm sure that you can find this forum member's help to be very useful regarding linux (I know I did ).

Originally Posted by omeriko9 View Post
Can you eliminate the use case when a "glitch" happens?
what do you mean with "use case" ?

Originally Posted by Raubtier View Post
what do you mean with "use case" ?
I mean - does the "glitch" happen just like that? You do nothing with the phone and suddenly get the notification? Or maybe you do something with the phone before? does it happen in a usual hour of the day? only in one place or every place? ect'..

it just happened again:

i got 1 missed call and one sms..

upon erasing the sms and clearing the call list it still blinks telling me that i have 5(!) missed calls...its additionally bothersome because the vibration notification still is going off.

have to reboot to get rid of this condition.

it just happened again:

upon erasing the sms and clearing the call list it still blinks telling me that i have 5(!) missed calls...its additionally bothersome because the vibration notification still is going off.

I have a similar problem with texts, when i receive one text it displays 5. But it stops vibrating once read unlike the quote

it just happened again:

Raubtier, sorry if I've asked you that before, but are you using the global firmware or a different one?

@kylepsp, same question...

global firmware!