Somehow while doing a upgrade in Diablo last night I don't even get the menu to dualboot. Anyone know how I get the menu back?

Try PB Dualboot menu. Just put it in and your dualboot should come back. It happened to me and everyone else when upgrading to Diablo. Just do a search for dualboot menu. There is even a thread on Diablo trashing dualboot. Always do a backup.

The Following User Says Thank You to dan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by CyberCowboy View Post
Somehow while doing a upgrade in Diablo last night I don't even get the menu to dualboot. Anyone know how I get the menu back?
When you reflash your device all data on the internal flash gets overwritten, including the bootmenu. Unfortunately, every time initfs part of flash is overwritten boot menu will dissapear. Download the bootmenu from http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/ or try one of Penguinbait' tools.

By far the easiest way to get a bootmenu back (that i have found) is Penguinbait's Bootmenu installer. It will automagically scan for all ext2/3 partitions on your internal SD cards (both of them) and create a boot menu that will boot to all of them.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Actually this wasn't a reflash to Diablo, this was an upgrade within diablo (when you get the exclamation point at the top indicating a new update) I'll give the suggestions here a go and report back.

When was the last time you updated diablo??? there was an SSU update to diablo just a week or so ago that erased the boot menu.. the SSU is an update tool that make it so you dont have to relash when there is an OS upgrade.. so it probably does its own flash and in the process kills the boot menu. it shows up like the exclamation point too.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
When was the last time you updated diablo??? there was an SSU update to diablo just a week or so ago that erased the boot menu.. the SSU is an update tool that make it so you dont have to relash when there is an OS upgrade.. so it probably does its own flash and in the process kills the boot menu. it shows up like the exclamation point too.
Yup that seems to have been the problem, for some reason my updates weren't notifying me so I did a manual today and borked it. All fixed now thanks to the suggestions here. Thanks all.

Not to sound like a broken record, but I just did another live Update and now even PB's .deb doesn't seem to get my Dual boot back, I get a message that it can't install. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If Penguinbait's boot menu installer or install tools is already installed, remove using App Manager, then re-install the boot menu installer.

The Following User Says Thank You to HowHH For This Useful Post:
ya know, I new it would be something dumb, I didn't have the Boot Menu install in but I did have the install tools installed... thanks HowHH