Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
I know there's going to be some people who wont know who I am (because I haven't been as active in the last year or so), and some who will know and not care, and then some who wont miss me at all ... but I've just accepted a job at a company that sells a competing product line (in a division that sells a subscription service for that competing product line). It hasn't been said explicitly yet, but there's lots of hints that the company frowns upon employees posting to either rumors site forums, or competing device forums ... even if they're not actually revealing anything (and I don't want their NDA enforcement team(s) knocking on my door, even if I am not the leak of such a thing).

So ... I don't think I can "de-activate" my account here (I can probably delete it, I think, but my preference would be de-activation) ... so I'm probably just going to unsubscribe from the RSS feed, and unsubscribe from any threads. If people want to email me, that's cool. But I don't know how often I'll check things like the private messages on here.

It's been a great experience. Of any of the techy/gadgety forums I've been on, this one has, by far, the best environment I've dealt with. Combination of very informed main subscriber base, mostly mature contributors (whether informed techies or not), and even when I've butted heads with people, I think I still came away from the conversation with more than I had going in. I hope some people feel that same way about me.

I wish all of you well, and I hope the Maemo/Meego platform brings each of you what you're hoping for.

Thanks for the note and good luck !

have fun @ apple

That's both good for you.. and yet sucky for us .

Sorry to see you go John. Have fun at the new job.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I don't know who you are but good luck on your new job man!

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Farewell, Johnzkin, and thanks for all the fish
Maybe when Nokia and Apple (or whatever) will merge, our roads will meet again

hey! good luck man!

nothing force you to stay away from #maemo

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Best of luck to you...

I'm kind of new here so I'm one of those who do not know who you are but you will be missed much the same. Good luck and farewell.

Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
I know there's going to be some people who wont know who I am (because I haven't been as active in the last year or so), and some who will know and not care, and then some who wont miss me at all ... but I've just accepted a job at a company that sells a competing product line (in a division that sells a subscription service for that competing product line). It hasn't been said explicitly yet, but there's lots of hints that the company frowns upon employees posting to either rumors site forums, or competing device forums ... even if they're not actually revealing anything (and I don't want their NDA enforcement team(s) knocking on my door, even if I am not the leak of such a thing).

So ... I don't think I can "de-activate" my account here (I can probably delete it, I think, but my preference would be de-activation) ... so I'm probably just going to unsubscribe from the RSS feed, and unsubscribe from any threads. If people want to email me, that's cool. But I don't know how often I'll check things like the private messages on here.

It's been a great experience. Of any of the techy/gadgety forums I've been on, this one has, by far, the best environment I've dealt with. Combination of very informed main subscriber base, mostly mature contributors (whether informed techies or not), and even when I've butted heads with people, I think I still came away from the conversation with more than I had going in. I hope some people feel that same way about me.

I wish all of you well, and I hope the Maemo/Meego platform brings each of you what you're hoping for.
bye bye, wont be missed, you suck... oh wait. you're leaving but not slamming the N900 and Nokia at the same time? I don't get it, how am I supposed to rant at you?

Seriously though, good luck on your new job and maybe our paths will cross again in the future.