Notices

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I contacted Monsoon/HAVA this weekend, April 2010, and this is the response todaY:

"Hi Bunanson,

As of now there is no development going on the Pocket PC Mobile Application.

Yes, it is in the plan but no dates as such decided for its availability.

Regards

Monsoon Multimedia

"

I am not sure Nokia N900 is in the Pocket Mobile Application, but it does NOT look good.

bun

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
It's really surprising since I imagine the version for the N8XX would work with just some small changes.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
You would think so, the N8x0 version worked really well, now my Hava is pretty much gathering dust. I'll write an email to customer support too.

i guess i will shelf out to buy a cheap pc and an expensive tv card and use orb... really miss the slingplayer from iphone and HAVA is not doing anything for N900

Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
...However, this does allow me to sort of use the HAVA. It doesn't work from remote spots, but with KMPlayer (using the osso-media-server backend and with Extra Codecs installed, altho I don't know if that last is necessary), I can point to rtsp://[Hava IP address] and get the video stream. And if I want to change channels, I stop, connect with the HAVA player, and use the remote on it, then disconnect and reconnect with KMPlayer. Very ugly, and I can't seem to do sufficient port forwarding to get it to work outside of the LAN... but it sort of functions.
Would you please give more information, step by step guide, please? Which library to copy from where/N800 to where on N900? and which IP address you use? Have setup use 3 ip address.

thanks

bun

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Central Ohio
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Would you please give more information, step by step guide, please? Which library to copy from where/N800 to where on N900? and which IP address you use? Have setup use 3 ip address.

thanks

bun
The file you need to retrieve from the n8x0 is /usr/lib/libhildonhelp.so.0.0.0 - I copied it to /usr/local/lib/. Once that's done, run the following commands in the terminal:
Code:
sudo gainroot
Code:
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libhildonhelp.so.0.0.0 /usr/lib/libhildonhelp.so.0
Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/libgtkhtml-3.14.so /usr/lib/libgtkhtml-3.8.so.15
(note that each of those should be only on one line)

Do that and it'll run.

Unfortunately, actually displaying video seems to be dependent on the version of gstreamer that came with the n8x0, and even experimenting with copying over entire directory trees and LD_LIBRARY_PATH has done nothing to get actual video playback to work in the player itself.

As for which IP to use... I'm not sure how to help you there. It's whatever the local network IP is.

Last edited by Viqsi; 2010-04-27 at 19:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to Viqsi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
I think they are probably waiting for the OVI store to accept paid apps so they can charge us for the client.

I tried Hava for awhile, not much success. I turned to orb, and it worked! Here, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...369#post636369

bun

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
so still no news on N900 and hava player?
I love my N800 !

news for hava and N900? help please...........