Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
what are you talking about? i'm seriously suggesting to fill this bug to TJC to get attention of jolla sailors.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
wow, sh*t. Sorry i misunderstood and learned that you triggered me somehow. i got flamed by users recently one tjc and was under the impression you blow into the same horn seeing ghosts i guess.
genuine appologies.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to MisterMaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
As said before, we all have different use cases and expectations.
Anyway about the things you said, here is my use of them:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Events view is just as accessible as ever. The only difference is that it is a horizontal swipe instead of vertical. The extra benefit is that the launcher is now also accessible all the time.
Not really. Now you have to sacrifice the left side of the phone for events if you want to restore it. But with my hands it is difficult to make a left border swipe with right hand, and right border swipe with left hand. So with this scheme, it is difficult for me to reach events view when I hold it in one hand, and difficult to change app when hold in the other.
Previous scheme allowed me to change app easily from any hand, and reach events quite easily with both hands.
And this will be increasingly be seen as screen size grows.

There were a dozen occasions I wanted to change the ringtone volume when the browser was the active app and it changed the wrong one. Luckily, it tells you that.
That is what I am fighting all the time but in the reverse order. I changed a lot of time the ringtone while wanting to change media volume.

And for heavens' sake, save the killed app's status!
That could be a great solution.

It seems like they are really trying to push their "multiple ambiences" idea but honestly, do people really use them?
Actually I was. Before they changed the way the volume works. I had something like 3 ambiences. When going work, I switched to the "work" one, which fixed the ringtone volume to what I wanted. From this point I could listen to music with my earphone and change the volume all day long without risking at one point to change the ringtone volume and have my phone ringing loud in the middle of the workspace. And the same when coming back home to restore loud settings.
This workflow with ambiances was described in one of jaakko roppola's posts here : http://jaakkoroppola.blogspot.fr/201...-looks_12.html
It was fitting my needs quite well. A lot better than the current solution (where I stop using the ambiances as it doesn't lock the volume anymore).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
It was fitting my needs quite well. A lot better than the current solution (where I stop using the ambiances as it doesn't lock the volume anymore).
You can try to use this patch: https://openrepos.net/content/ancela...y-media-volume

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
is there a way to hide the (update) notification?

The Following User Says Thank You to Thaodan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Thaodan View Post
is there a way to hide the (update) notification?
Yes. Delete your Jolla account. You will also lose the access to Store but that is a small price to pay, right?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
You can try to use this patch: https://openrepos.net/content/ancela...y-media-volume
Thanks for the link. It looks like it can fit my needs.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
@juiceme
why are you thanking any post you see?)))

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I think he is marking read posts that way.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:

Tags
intex, jolla, sailfishos, sfo update, sfos2, update