Notices

I don't really get what you do mean with quick and long mode. :P
The time period the connection is used ?

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
It's been a long time since I last used AutoDisconnect and I'm really impressed of the new config. Great job!

Could you please explain once more, how the values for time and data volume work together? In the last version I was using, this meant the volume X of data/min in a timespan of Y minutes. Is that still right? The config screen looks somehow like it would check every Y minutes, but I don't know what for. Some clearance would be very nice.

My first try sadly didn't succeed: I installed, then set the values to 5 Min and 200 B/min and rebooted (just to be sure ). I opened a connection, the message appeared and then I put the phone aside. Half an hour later I checked the status it still was online (3G). I manually switched it offline and the connection went to 2G, just like configured in the settings. I can't believe that some app is regulary pushing more than 200 Bytes a minute over the connection. But I'm not sure.

The Following User Says Thank You to x-lette For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
I guess it's the time the device needs to switch between the modi.

The Following User Says Thank You to x-lette For This Useful Post:
Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by grog View Post
mmm, now since I upgraded to PR1.2 I now get even more bluetooth headset disconnects. The headset will disconnect then reconnect several times in a row while I'm listening to music. Good thing I also have the Headphone Daemon installed as well, otherwise everyone around me would be getting blasts of Weird Al Yankovic . VERY disturbing ... .
HOLY C***P!! I decided to uninstall autodisconnect to test out my bluetooth problem & in only a few hours my Edge data connection drained my battery dry!! HOLY C***P do I need autodisconnect!! I guess I never tried going back to check it out. THIS IS A GREAT APP!! (despite the bugs )
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

The Following User Says Thank You to grog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
It's been a long time since I last used AutoDisconnect and I'm really impressed of the new config. Great job!
Thanks. Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Could you please explain once more, how the values for time and data volume work together? In the last version I was using, this meant the volume X of data/min in a timespan of Y minutes. Is that still right? The config screen looks somehow like it would check every Y minutes, but I don't know what for. Some clearance would be very nice.
Yes, it is still right. If you set let's say an interval of 5 minutes with a traffic of 3 KB/min, AutoDisconnect will close the connection if less than 5*3 = 15KB has been received through the interface.

My first try sadly didn't succeed: I installed, then set the values to 5 Min and 200 B/min and rebooted (just to be sure ). I opened a connection, the message appeared and then I put the phone aside. Half an hour later I checked the status it still was online (3G). I manually switched it offline and the connection went to 2G, just like configured in the settings. I can't believe that some app is regulary pushing more than 200 Bytes a minute over the connection. But I'm not sure.
Easy to know : check the file /var/log/autodisconnect.log.

200B/min is I think too low. Try 2KB/min.

Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Yes, it was just a label to illustrate the difference between the 2 modes.

Originally Posted by grog View Post
mmm, now since I upgraded to PR1.2 I now get even more bluetooth headset disconnects. The headset will disconnect then reconnect several times in a row while I'm listening to music. Good thing I also have the Headphone Daemon installed as well, otherwise everyone around me would be getting blasts of Weird Al Yankovic . VERY disturbing ... .
Could you post your /var/log/autodisconnect.log file ? Thanks.

Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
Try higher values for minimal traffic. If you're often connected, it's because you are using a widget which needs internet (facebook, omweather, etc.) => it generates traffic.

You can see the log file /var/log/autodisconnect.log too

Hi mate. thanks for your response.

Can you suggest a value in the wifi setting where the wifi will disconnect if im not using it to download after like 5 minutes? (traffic wise) im really not sure on all this. the thing is ive ever seen it switch off once..it just stays on and connected....

Brilliant got it to work - put it at 1min x 100KB data just as a test....thanks for that - i just didnt understand the "Minimum Traffic allowed' instructions, all good now!

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Whoa I think this is an app that packs one of the most requested features for Maemo5.

Great Work!