Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by RogerS View Post
Will that bring XUL support too?
No, MicroB does not support XUL (cuts down on space and RAM requirements rather significantly), but that's what xulrunner and Minefield are for.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Is that the one in free's repository? Or did you compile it yourself?
I compiled it myself, since I love my cookies

The cookie patch was for an old version and had to be tweaked a little to work correctly.. there's also a javascript patch out there, but I think it had some issues.

It seems strange that cookie support was never added officially, the patch was submitted years ago and seems to work fine.

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
No, MicroB does not support XUL (cuts down on space and RAM requirements rather significantly), but that's what xulrunner and Minefield are for.
Sure. And it's clear that the current MicroB doesn't. But, just to confirm — you're saying MicroB in Diablo won't have XUL either, right?

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by dblank View Post
I compiled it myself, since I love my cookies
First, would you want to upload your cookie patch somewhere?

More basically, does the basic Twibright Labs download run on Maemo or did you have to do something more than follow their directions to get it to run on your Tablet?

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by RogerS View Post
Just to confirm — you're saying MicroB in Diablo won't have XUL either, right?
I can't state that with 100% certainty (as I've never used Diablo MicroB), but, due to a variety of factors, I would be both incredibly surprised and very confused if it did.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I would appreciate a Prism for the tablets...

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
First, would you want to upload your cookie patch somewhere?

More basically, does the basic Twibright Labs download run on Maemo or did you have to do something more than follow their directions to get it to run on your Tablet?
It's not my patch, don't remember where I got it from.. but I've attached the patched cookies.c, I think all I did was comment out this line:
if (c->expires && ! cookie_expired(c))

I grabbed the source, patched cookies.c, compiled, and then just copied over the links binary.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cookies.c.zip (2.9 KB, 113 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to dblank For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by dblank View Post
It's not my patch, don't remember where I got it from.. but I've attached the patched cookies.c, I think all I did was comment out this line:
if (c->expires && ! cookie_expired(c))

I grabbed the source, patched cookies.c, compiled, and then just copied over the links binary.
Thanks for the patch and the reply.

For those of us who know nothing about compiling, etc., is it too much to ask someone to turn Twibright Links (and, heck, the cookie patch, too) into a deb and post it? It sounds extremely useful. Please?

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Thanks for the patch and the reply.

For those of us who know nothing about compiling, etc., is it too much to ask someone to turn Twibright Links (and, heck, the cookie patch, too) into a deb and post it? It sounds extremely useful. Please?
Like I said above, free's repository (http://debfarm.free.fr chinook user) has a version of graphical links2. Probably doesn't have the cookie patch. I bet he'd add it if you PM'ed him.

links2_2.1pre31-1_armel.deb

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
There's an interesting logic leap leap on display in this thread, where the performance of a rendering engine on a JavaScript benchmark becomes "Mobile Firefox is six times faster".

There is more to a browser's performance - and even speed - than JavaScript performance. Yes, the JS engine speed is obviously of great importance to AJAX apps like Google Reader and Google Docs; but the UI is a lot heavier. Scrolling in Fennec is kinetic and shiny, but awfully CPU intensive (who needs battery life anyway) and slow. I'd say Fennec feels like one of the *slowest* browsers on Maemo at the moment.

GeneralAntilles' is right: the fundamental improvements which lead to this headline figure will be coming in later versions of microb. Let's not get indoctrinated into "microb is - and always will be - slow. Mobile Firefox is quicker and better".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post: