So forgive me for not being techno saavy here, but does this download allow you to run andriod apps as well as maintain full phone functionality?

Cheers

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ South Jersey, USA
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
You need to see the whole file name before hitting enter. On the screen, move your cursor to the last letter ..../nitdroid-ke then press the tab key on the screen, this will finish the whole file name for you, then hit enter, you will be fine.

bun
I should have known a dpkg -i usually need to have a deb file.

That's the step I missed. It's loading. Thanks again.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Swiss
For airplane mode look here: http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=211.0

it's not works for my n900...

Last edited by Airtux; 2010-09-08 at 04:27.

its initial not on airplane mode but after seconds it on airplane mode and cant turn it off...

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kolkata, India
it worked on my phone afresh..infact i was the one who posted the ram-shackle press tab tutorial, was too sleepy to post a full blown one...configured the apn in the settings and my EDGE was working like a charm, infact it runs smooth on a sandisk class 2 card, whereas my kingston class 4 card slows down to a crawl..funny..

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kolkata, India
infact edit the last step to
dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/.nitdroid/nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel.deb much easier for people to understand

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by northernpie View Post
So forgive me for not being techno saavy here, but does this download allow you to run andriod apps as well as maintain full phone functionality?

Cheers
I would say, ...allow you to run most android apps as well as get your phone answer incoming call, no voice yet. You phone rings. You got full phone functionality by reboot back to maemo.

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Brasilia, Brazil
I've managed to install everything perfectly. Got five signal bars, everything was beautiful.

Until I set up my APN. The moment I did that my signal bars were gone and I got the no-signal sign (the bars with the X on top of them). Tried to reboot, got the same problem. Anyone ran into something similar?

(Posting from nitdroid... on wifi =/)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobbe For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Originally Posted by Bobbe View Post
I've managed to install everything perfectly. Got five signal bars, everything was beautiful.

Until I set up my APN. The moment I did that my signal bars were gone and I got the no-signal sign (the bars with the X on top of them). Tried to reboot, got the same problem. Anyone ran into something similar?

airplane mode
dunno how to change that
there is a solution in the nitdroid forum bout deleting a file but i tried it
doesnt work..

i had a same problem like u..right the moment edit APN then save..i got X bar then kick into airplanemode .....

Originally Posted by Bobbe View Post