Notices

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
I finally managed to released Conboy version 0.6.3 which is the first stable release of the 0.6.x series. It is available in the extras repository for N800, N810 and N900. Here's a list of the changes since the last stable release.
  • New single window user interface
  • Improved portrait mode
  • Fullscreen mode on N900
  • Automatic rotation to portrait mode is configurable
  • Automatic linking to various urls (web addresses, email addresses, etc.)
  • Support for plugins
  • Many new translations

This release was over due for a very long time. Originally I wanted to release it even before the Maemo Summit 2009. But because of various reasons I had to delay it again and again and again.

Now finally it's out! And it's time to say Thank You!!!

Thanks to Nokia for giving me access to a N900 prototype and for inviting me to Amsterdam and Barcelona. This has helped a lot and provided some big extra motivation.

Thanks to this awesome community for providing artwork, translations, feedback, bug reports, discussion and of course loads of help with technical problems! You guys rock

I hope I've not introduced too many new bugs. But just in case - please report them here.

Last but not least, markusm just contacted me that a first version of the Conboy website is ready. It still needs some content, but it's already looking great. Thanks for that Markus! BTW, is there someone who would like to do a screen cast for the website?

The packages are promoted and should hit extras within the hour - Have fun

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
When I try to install on my N800 I get that it's missing libjson-1.0-0 and liboauth0. How do I get those to install? - Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to n00bsRus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Great. It would be nice to have the virtual keyboard activated in the portrait mode...

Originally Posted by n00bsRus View Post
When I try to install on my N800 I get that it's missing libjson-1.0-0 and liboauth0. How do I get those to install? - Thanks
Ups, sorry. I forgot that for Chinook and Diablo I have to move them manually to the repository. It should work in about an hour.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Great. It would be nice to have the virtual keyboard activated in the portrait mode...
If there would be virtual portrait keyboard, I would activate it.

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Thank you, it's working now. :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to n00bsRus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by conny View Post
Ups, sorry. I forgot that for Chinook and Diablo I have to move them manually to the repository. It should work in about an hour.
Installs fine now in Diablo. Also, it's a long time since I've used Conboy, and it looks great now with the single pane and the highlighted searched-for character strings.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Updated.

The GUI looks very nice, conny.

Auto portrait mode is also cool but I personally don't think I will use it (definitely not, until there is a keyboard)

I'm really looking forward to the syncing functionality ;-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to feydrutha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
I'm getting an error during syncing syncing

Error Message was:
json_get_note_list() returned NULL

Has this error gotten a fix? I'm having sync problems with Tomboy to Ubuntu One as well, so its hard to tell if the error is in Conboy or in Ubuntu One. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. I've come to make a great deal of use syncing Tomboy <-> Ubuntu One <-> Conboy.

Great job Conny!

This is one of the most useful applications on N900.
The only thing I badly miss is the Categories (or “Notebooks”
as called in Tomboy)

Any plan to include that feature in one of future releases?

Thank and keep up the good work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pejman For This Useful Post: