Posts: 234 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Installed DKE on a 2gig (MicroCenter labeled). I think, I have plenty of space (417MB available at end). I started with a fresh flash. Deleted the Music, Video, and manuals that came with the fresh flash. I also uninstalled the tutorial and maps (I don't have gps), and the easyclone (cant run it from SD anyway). I even deleted the bookmarks (not much gain there).

I'm curious if there is anything more of any size that could be removed / made redundant with KDE. It would even be nice to see the Icons for skype and gizmo that aren't really installed anyway removed.

I only mention it as something that could possibly be built in to at least the procedure (at least the uninstalling apps) if not the deb (like deleting the maps, sales video and product manuals in 100 languages). If you didn't want to delete them, or identified a few other large files you could move 120MB over to the removable media partition, and then back once the process is complete

Last edited by TheGogmagog; 2008-05-24 at 07:26.

I want to uninstall KDE from my 2GB SD card, how can I remove those partitions? in Windows Explorer it shows as 120MB.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by 2timer View Post
I want to uninstall KDE from my 2GB SD card, how can I remove those partitions? in Windows Explorer it shows as 120MB.
open the disk manager in windows and delete the partitions

Right click on "My Computer" and select manage

Go to Disk management
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

im trying to install this on my 8gb sd card but it keeps telling me I am out of space. Any ideas?

The nokia OS takes up 400mb of the large 7GB partition. The 300mb tarball downloaded fine but it gives me an out of space error when it tries to untar.

Originally Posted by drizek View Post
im trying to install this on my 8gb sd card but it keeps telling me I am out of space. Any ideas?

The nokia OS takes up 400mb of the large 7GB partition. The 300mb tarball downloaded fine but it gives me an out of space error when it tries to untar.
Application manager Menu > Tools > Log

Please post the log and lets see whats happening
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Well, I have to admit I am a firm believer in PB's abilities. Just after I got my NIT, I tried the MMC boot, and loved the versatility it gave me. Then I tried his first and second versions of KDE, but had mixed results. But this... this is outstanding work. I just flashed my N800 to Diablo, ran PB's init tools install, booted off my 16GB SD card and installed KDE in a matter of a few hours. I don't think it get's any easier than this.

I have a couple of general questions but not sure they are relevant to this thread so I will post elsewhere.

Thanks a bunch, for a job well done.

CpuFixrMan

The Following User Says Thank You to CpuFixrMan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ New Mexico, USA
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Any other success stories?
Penguinbait, I just installed your KDE package on my N800 and it is great. Yesterday I installed the SS Update 36.5 on both flash and SD and today the KDE installation went very smoothly. I couldn't find an on-screen keyboard in KDE, so I whipped out my ThinkOutside BT keyboard and immediately had input access.

I have long been a fan of KDE and I am delighted to have it on my tablet. I must confess that I don't care for your KDE default theme, so I changed it to a more traditional one.

All of the apps that I have tried work fine. The Konqueror Web Browser seems at least as fast as the default on OS2008, and Microb seems faster. KWord looks good and is usable too. Thanks for this package and all of the good work you have done for the NIT
community.

The Following User Says Thank You to SilverHound For This Useful Post:
I have got a litle English. "Install SD boot" and "install kde" take 6-7 hour for this. But I've been able...

Thank you for all of them...

A question: Is it possible to add Turkish language option this KDE version? How to add?

Last edited by Turkish; 2009-02-21 at 01:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to Turkish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
I have got a litle English. "Install SD boot" and "install kde" take 6-7 hour for this. But I've been able...

Thank you for all of them...

A question: Is it possible to add Turkish language option this KDE version? How to add?
I am not sure, sorry.

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35