Notices

Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
I wrote this about Google being uneditable in another thread a while back. Note that this is being worked on and will most likely not be the case in future versions of TouchSearch.
Could you give us the URL for the google so we can add a new custom search engine named something and use it?
The reason why I'm asking is that I would like use google.se instead of google.com.

Last edited by Godoy; 2010-07-11 at 19:30.

What are the dimentions that the icons should have in order to be displayed correctly? Is there a chance that you would give us the chance to get the original icons so we can use them with a custom search engine?
(I have no idea on how to extract/copy them from console...)

The Following User Says Thank You to Shark For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Godoy View Post
Could you give us the URL for the google so we can add a new custom search engine named something and use it?
The reason why I'm asking is that I would like use google.se instead of google.com.
The search url is not the problem... you can find it like on every other custom search engine.
e.g. for google.se the Url is:
http://www.google.se/#hl=sv&source=h...ef8f3a8f393d79

and the search query is: n900

But don't make the mistake to name the custom engine google! It will really mess up badly with the original google engine.

I just updated and now I cannot remove the images like before.

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
hey man, first off: thanks for this, I use it on a daily basis.

question: is it possible to add an option to choose either colour or black&white for the widget? previous versions made it black&white when opacity was lowered to zero, the current one doesnt, which is a little regrettable since it works so well with my desktop when b&w.

pretty please with sugar on top?

Originally Posted by Shark View Post
What are the dimentions that the icons should have in order to be displayed correctly? Is there a chance that you would give us the chance to get the original icons so we can use them with a custom search engine?
(I have no idea on how to extract/copy them from console...)
Icon size is 122x40. However, in TouchSearch 3, adding custom search engines is no longer supported (if you've upgraded).

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
I just updated and now I cannot remove the images like before.
Could you please elaborate? Thanks.

Originally Posted by slai View Post
hey man, first off: thanks for this, I use it on a daily basis.
Your welcome!

question: is it possible to add an option to choose either colour or black&white for the widget? previous versions made it black&white when opacity was lowered to zero, the current one doesnt, which is a little regrettable since it works so well with my desktop when b&w.

pretty please with sugar on top?
Ah, yes, I did remove the "Color" or "Ghosted" icon option -- but there is a method to my madness.

In TouchSearch 3, search engine addons are now supported, meaning you can go right to http://www.touchsearch.org/addons/ and browse and install additional search engines from there. I plan on making many more addons to provide more utility to TouchSearch.

However, this came at a cost: no longer can the user manually create search engines (this was always complicated, and could seriously break TouchSearch if a mistake was made), and I also removed the "Ghosted" option.

I did this because each Ghosted icon needed to be made separately in e.g. Photoshop, and was quite time consuming. Since I planned on making a lot of addons, I needed to lighten up the options a bit.

Sorry if this messes up the look of your desktop!

The Following User Says Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
@ all:

I have only uploaded TouchSearch 3 to extras-devel but will be promoting it to -testing soon.

I'll make a new thread and blogpost explaining more about it when I do.

Love the new enchanced search-option in the latest version. Thanks for your work on this great widget!

The Following User Says Thank You to Godoy For This Useful Post:

Tags
desktop widget, python, search, touchsearch