Notices

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
RE: My Contacts integration.

I "guess" you can't Integrate with Nokia contacts because it is not open?

I uninstalled My Contacts because it took over a complete desktop. Is there anyway to run it without it doing this?

I always have the Nokia Contacts screen open on my Dashboard so I can call it quick. That's how I woild be interested in My Contacts to work.

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
RE: My Contacts integration.

I "guess" you can't Integrate with Nokia contacts because it is not open?

I uninstalled My Contacts because it took over a complete desktop. Is there anyway to run it without it doing this?

I always have the Nokia Contacts screen open on my Dashboard so I can call it quick. That's how I woild be interested in My Contacts to work.
You don't need to install the widget to the desktop - you can just use the application.

Also, I don't know how long has been since you installed mycontacts but for quite sometime now you can control the size of the widget to not take the entire desktop.

Anyway.... wrong thread! I suggest you give another try on mycontacts...

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
You don't need to install the widget to the desktop - you can just use the application.

Also, I don't know how long has been since you installed mycontacts but for quite sometime now you can control the size of the widget to not take the entire desktop.

Anyway.... wrong thread! I suggest you give another try on mycontacts...
I'll give it another go when you get it integrated with this app. For some reason I couldn't permanently get rid of the widget, it seemed to keep popping up. It has been a while since I used it.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Austria (no kangaroos over here)
....."direction up"? Do you mean where is North? I can't change that (or at least didn't find how)....Is that possible with google? It would be great if it is.....
Not in g-maps, but in g-earth (earthlayer in maps).

For contacts-"integration" - are you sure that there's an "integration" required ? By choosing an address from contacts you cause a command to open the ovi-maps-application (the part that doesn't work). Wouldn't it be possible to "catch" those commands to not open the ovi-maps but the google-maps by default (if google-maps is installed) ?
Sorry if this sounds crazy - I'm no developer, but ovi-maps is a standalone app same as contacts, so it looks like it's not an integration but just one application starting another one

CU - M_99

Originally Posted by M_99 View Post
Not in g-maps, but in g-earth (earthlayer in maps).

For contacts-"integration" - are you sure that there's an "integration" required ? By choosing an address from contacts you cause a command to open the ovi-maps-application (the part that doesn't work). Wouldn't it be possible to "catch" those commands to not open the ovi-maps but the google-maps by default (if google-maps is installed) ?
Sorry if this sounds crazy - I'm no developer, but ovi-maps is a standalone app same as contacts, so it looks like it's not an integration but just one application starting another one

CU - M_99
The applications communicate to each other by exchanging (dbus) messages. The question most likely is if the "standard contacts" application has hardcoded the "address" he wants to call for addresses or if it is, like the microb browser, something configurable on the phone.
At any rate, since I am the developer of both applications (mycontacts and geeps), it is only natural for me to start there. Assuming is possible to configure the standard application to "talk to someone else" the same message (signal) can be used later to start geeps for an address.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ in states for now
Some screenshots:

i live in philly

Originally Posted by bayernhan View Post
i live in philly
...And what is the problem?
If you are worried with the map starting on down town São Paulo don't be. As soon as you turn the GPS on it will find you

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brussels, Belgium
Originally Posted by 222 View Post
map dose not load.
no option available !

by pressing yes or no, application will be closed.
I've had the same "no map" problem and application crashing from home.

It was working from work, so I was a bit puzzled.

Turns out, some google services might be blocked in China, as pointed by 222. It works from work, because of the VPN magic.

The Following User Says Thank You to Buzrael For This Useful Post:
Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by scifi.guy View Post
Installed and have been testing lately. Geeps already became my official navigation app

Requests from my side

- Map should auto-center with the current location (Red icon).Or have a button/shortcut to display current location on screen.
- +1 For finger scrolling.
- +1 For persistent settings.
- How about adding support for public transport?
Great!

Thanks

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
just a heads up. Geeps does not seem to work post pr 1.3 update (at least not on my computer)