Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That and this has pushed me over the edge. Definitely count me in for €500. Heck, count me in for €550, even if I starve for a month!
I hope it doesn't sound too weird. But if it eventually ends up in EUR700 I'll gladly pay the difference.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
I hope it doesn't sound too weird. But if it eventually ends up in EUR700 I'll gladly pay the difference.
If this is some kind of offer, I would gladly accept it.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Uruguay
Having so much cellphones with Linux operative system (Android anyway) sliding keyboard and under US$ 200 with much more power than the N900 or even the propossed Neo900 hardware, i believe that spending much more than US$ 300 would be a waste of resources.
I still love my N900 but after fidling with some new phones and having found a more than suitable replacement for US$ 250 that allows me to do everything i did with my Nokia and some new stuff, along with a way better camera and 1080p stable video record...
Sorry guys but is time to move on.

2RichardN900: we all very happy to know that you are not Neo900 target group. please, tell us more about yourself. i, myself, want to know what kind of drink you like.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ketmar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
If this is some kind of offer, I would gladly accept it.
Lol it was meant for pichlo. But I'll include you as well. (I sound as if I was rich. I'm not, but some people just deserve to be on board

The offer is now closed!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Got room for one more...
I started at 400 (above pichlo's 350) in the poll, & later pledged 500-550 IIRC.
Just kidding....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Would something like this be feasable to offer waterproofing protection?

http://www.hzoinside.com/technology/what-is-waterblock

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Refund the balance? Wow, perhaps I should drop my offer then!

(Serious answer in PM.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by RichardN900 View Post
Having so much cellphones with Linux operative system (Android anyway) sliding keyboard and under US$ 200 with much more power than the N900 or even the propossed Neo900 hardware, i believe that spending much more than US$ 300 would be a waste of resources.
I still love my N900 but after fidling with some new phones and having found a more than suitable replacement for US$ 250 that allows me to do everything i did with my Nokia and some new stuff, along with a way better camera and 1080p stable video record...
It is your opinion based on your needs. Depend on the user, a Nokia Series 40 fullfills the needs and is better than Maemo 5, MeeGo Harmattan, Android, iOS, etc.

But IMHO and many Maemo users, N900 & Maemo 5 has unique features useful for us, even compared to Nokia N9 & MeeGo Harmattan.

Originally Posted by RichardN900 View Post
Sorry guys but is time to move on.
"It is time to move on" depend on each user and opinion. "Move on" to mobile OS which don't have full & live multitasking, no (3rd party) dependencies, no root acess, etc, is nonsense for many Maemo 5 users.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Germany
As I have read, that the neo900 can handle the GLONASS positioning system, I am interested if it can also handle the european GALILEO. (even if it is not usable yet, there are some systems which are ready)

Tags
neo900, thank you!