Notices

hi first post ever and probably first stupid question.

I've managed to get carman running on my N900 but cant seem to get it to connect to the internal gps could someone please help me as i want to test the maps on a trip out this weekend

ps big thanks to the people porting this across awesome app

tib

can this thing eventually calculate average fuel consumption and mileage left assuming there is a way for me to key in the estimated amount of fuel left in the tank when i startup carman?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by droll View Post
can this thing eventually calculate average fuel consumption and mileage left assuming there is a way for me to key in the estimated amount of fuel left in the tank when i startup carman?
Have you taken a look at Fuelpad?

Originally Posted by tib996 View Post
hi first post ever and probably first stupid question.

I've managed to get carman running on my n900 but cant seem to get it to connect to the internal gps could someone please help me as i want to test the maps on a trip out this weekend

ps big thanks to the people porting this across awesome app

tib
anyone???????

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by Tib996 View Post
anyone???????
Search this thread. Keyword "internal"

YouŽll find the answer there

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
Have you taken a look at Fuelpad?
Reading the required values through obd would be quite cool to have in Fuelpad. I am not sure if it is possible but if someone shows that it is and also sends me a bluetooth obd reader, I might take a look (I am the author of Fuelpad)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jlu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by svalavuo View Post
I edited /home/user/.carman/carmand.conf
gps_device=internal

rebooted, and now it works!
do i need to put anything else in xterm when i type this?

ie sudo gainroot or somthing as when i try this line of code it says /home/user/.carman/carmand not found?

please help

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by jlu View Post
Reading the required values through obd would be quite cool to have in Fuelpad. I am not sure if it is possible but if someone shows that it is and also sends me a bluetooth obd reader, I might take a look (I am the author of Fuelpad)
Ah, I love your app. Not many of these fuel apps can take care of my needs and do the conversions for me (metric cluster and mileage but use US fuel/vol/mass).

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by jlu View Post
Fuelpad doing some kewl stuff thru the OBD plug would be mega kewl!

I think the previous version of carman for Nokia 770 could do that as it was giving information about hundreds of OBD sensors. This version doesn't show many things.