Notices

Hello guys im new here.
I have had the n900 for quite a while and im loving it. I read much about shazam because i miss this app. Im not sure where to post this thread, but was wondering if anyone knew about midomi. On midomi site you can press record and it will give u a match of a song but when you click listen a pop up shows up asking for permission to use the phones mic. No matter how many times i press allow it doesnt work. Any ideas??
thanks

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
I used to have Midomi on my Nokia N97. Pretty good app at the time.

I just tried it on my PC and it works but to do it asks you to allow access to your microphone by flash and that is something that has been disabled in the N900. You can search around the forum and you can see threads around that issue...

But it truly is a shame...

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

thanks. does anyone know a way of hacking it?

I emailed them about making an app for Maemo in March this is the reply I received:
Hello James,
Thank you for your interest in Midomi. We do have plans to support the Maemo platform in the future, but it will not be available any time in the immediate future. I am happy to notify you when it is available. Please don't hesitate in contacting me if you have any other questions or concerns.

So good news. @c00l

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
i knew the idiots had insulted us and Adobe with cripling the webcam functionality, but they also ****ed the microphone?!

Instinctiv does a pretty good job of identifying any music I throw at it, and its free from the ovi store in case you havent tried it.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Also try the music recognition from www.audiotag.info - works well on my N900

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by C00L View Post
So good news. @c00l
Don't tell you you actually believe them? It's a polite way of saying "what the heck is maemo and why the hell do we want to support it and who the blazes are you?"

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
there is instinciv, as well i wrote letter to midomi

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
i tried Instinctiv recording music from the TV and it hasn't recognized anything so far