Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
I just got my N800 tablet last week (second hand). I've installed a bunch of apps on it, but no changes in the last 1/2 day or so that I remember. But this afternoon my screen starts flashing or blinking every 5 seconds. It's not a biggie to reflash & start over, but (hopefully not) is this an indication of a hardware problem? tx
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Same thing happened to my gf's about a week after buying it new. I put an SD card in the internal slot and the blinking stopped.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ corpus christi texas
Same problem back in the day, zounds like your shite is fooked up try re flashing and take note what you install.. Python screwed me up after i re flashed, did it again and it worked perfectly, plus never buy a hand held used your just asking to be screwed.. Bought a 770 used that was all messed up and guy didn't think id travel back for a refund.. he learned the hard way.

I had it sometimes, after a reboot it went always away.
Removed some unused software (also some python stuff) and after that I never saw it again. Due the random occurrence I can't say what exactly provoked it but it looks like some kind of software mixup that's causing the problem.
If you got it recently I would say reflash for a clean start.

I had flashed it as soon as I got it & it's been rebooted several times recently, so it must've been something I did. Just got me worried. I'll start over. Thanks all.
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

I have had this happen twice in the last month.

As far as I can tell, it happened when I changed the setting that tells the screen to stay on while the unit is charging. I would pick it up the next morning and it would be flashing like you described. I turn it off and on and then everything is fine. I turned off the option to have the screen always on while charging and it did not re-occur, until I changed the setting back to having the screen on while charging again.

Originally Posted by rnfuller View Post
I have had this happen twice in the last month.

As far as I can tell, it happened when I changed the setting that tells the screen to stay on while the unit is charging. I would pick it up the next morning and it would be flashing like you described. I turn it off and on and then everything is fine. I turned off the option to have the screen always on while charging and it did not re-occur, until I changed the setting back to having the screen on while charging again.
Since I've reflashed I haven't had the problem again. I regularly change my screen settings back & forth because I like it to stay on when I'm at my desk but would prefer it to go off overnight. No problems yet (crossed fingers)