Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
do you have that issue when trying to connect using any other internet connection (physical connection, like using the WiFi from some other place) ?

i did not face any connectivity issue's till now.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by Radu View Post
I have a dumb question, but how do you use GV from the phone?
I am in the US and I can just use my real phone number and no proxies. But thanks for the SIP tutorial, it's nice to have a real phone number that people can call me on my cellphone without having to pay anything.
You can use qgvdial. Links are in my sig.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Once things are setup, you can access the site without needing proxies, you can initiate a call from there.

edit:you can also use The One Ring to initiate calls strait from your contacts book and from the phone app itself.

Last edited by TiagoTiago; 2011-01-03 at 01:43.

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
Thanks for the detailed tutorial @TiagoTiago.

I am in the US and am trying to get this setup but am facing the following problems:
1. echo@iptel.org does not get answered. I am logged into the iptel service.
2. Cannot verify the ipkall number in GoogleVoice. I already have a GoogleVoice number and am trying to add the ipkall number to my account. I am not sure when if the problem is on the N900 side or iptel. When I call the ipkall number from a regular phone, my N900 rings and after answering the call, I continue to hear rings on the calling phone as if the call never got connected. This is probably why Google Voice fails to verify the ipkall number.

Am I doing something wrong? Is anybody having problems with echo@iptel.org?

Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
does stuff like this break the TOS here

GV is US only by their policy, you are effectively posting directions to subvert restrictions they deliberately put on their service.
You stupid digo be glad his care to share it, but now more likely that google will disable this. You can always use vpn but why would you bother using google voice at the first place instead of skype?

i have the same problem as Hemanth147
tried so many accounts and settings , but cant sign in sip with my n900

I dunno how to fix those issues nor what could be going wrong there, sorry :/

Try doing everything with iptel and ipkall from scratch (create a new account and get a new number on ipkall) and see if that makes any difference.

Good luck there, and if you figure out what went wrong please tell us so other people with those issues can get it to work as well.

i have everything setup.. verified everything n all...

but i cant recieve incoming sip call on my n900... i just receive a missed sip call notification.... wat shud i do.. help guys... tried everything.. creating new account etc etc....
wat to do know??

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
Setting up SIP to work has been frustrating here too.

I have tried ekiga.net, callcentric.com, and iptel. signing-in on the N900 is not a problem. However, I can't receive nor make outgoing calls. While receiving a call, the phone rings but answering it continues to ring on the calling side. The call never gets connected.

NAT is not an issue because setting the N900 to my network's DMZ didn't help. I can make Echo calls out from Ubuntu just fine but the same does not work on the N900. sounds like a bug.

Tags
free calls, google voice, international