Notices

Nokia at its best again. Unbelievable, this company is really going down even quicker than one can imagine....

By the way: Will there ever be a symbian version .... ?

I had to get rid of my N9 but i somehow miss this great app.....

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 405 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Europe
Hi all!
I've got this mail today:

------
Please be informed that I have received an update from our relevant department regarding your concern. According to them, your content has been re-processed and exported in the Nokia Store. You may check on your end if the same issue would occur.

If in the unlikely event that the issue still persists, kindly e-mail us back so that we may further investigate this matter.
------

Can someone confirm this? Schturman?

The Following User Says Thank You to chrm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by chrm View Post
Hi all!
I've got this mail today:

------
Please be informed that I have received an update from our relevant department regarding your concern. According to them, your content has been re-processed and exported in the Nokia Store. You may check on your end if the same issue would occur.

If in the unlikely event that the issue still persists, kindly e-mail us back so that we may further investigate this matter.
------

Can someone confirm this? Schturman?
Hi
Sorry for delay... After second attempt it installed without any problem. Seems the problem solved. Thank you !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Hi!

I've uploaded a new release 0.1.6. It will include four new dictionaries:

- German / Turkish
- German / Chinese
- Italian / French
- Spanish / French

If everything works fine this release will appear soon in the ovi store.

I've got a question for russian speakers here.
There are many bad comments from russian users: http://store.ovi.com/content/297350
As I can understand it (google-translate) they are unhappy with the russian language support.

Can someone help me understand the specific problem they have? There are 3 dictionaries for the russian language (to english, hebrew and polish). I have no idea, what they mean.

Its a pity, they do not try to contact me directly
Thanks for any hint!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chrm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by chrm View Post
There are many bad comments from Russian users: http://store.ovi.com/content/297350
As I can understand it (google-translate) they are unhappy with the Russian language support.

Can someone help me understand the specific problem they have? There are 3 dictionaries for the Russian language (to English, Hebrew and Polish). I have no idea, what they mean.

Its a pity, they do not try to contact me directly
Thanks for any hint!
Originally Posted by Sensuality223
[on a Nokia N9 20 hours ago]
There is NO Russian->English dictionary, there are only English-something dictionaries, including an English->Russian dictionary. English transcription is ABSENT. Alternative variants-examples of word usage are limited.
Originally Posted by zonaaa
[on a Nokia N9 December 19, 2012]
There is no Russian [dictionary]. And overall, as I understood, it seems to be not for Russian-speaking.............
Originally Posted by hisbreht
[on a Nokia N9 November 27, 2012]
It's not a translator, it's a dictionary. [As in, it translates words, not sentences.]
Also, do you have an Arabic/Norwegian dictionary, as Anonymous asked on a Nokia N9 November 22, 2012?

Test, in one way or another, whether your Russian to something dictionaries work (especially from Russian to English). Since you don't speak Russian, you can just translate a word from English to Russian, copy the word, translate it back into English. Serves as a self-teaching tool, too.

But then, there might be a problem with virtual keyboard and-or encoding. Just test the dictionary-application as if you knew Russian, and wanted to learn English, even if it is actually the opposite

And then think about new features. Like, automatic conversion of characters of virtual-keyboard-language (like Russian or English) into dictionary-language (like English or Russian), if the user finds switching between virtual-keyboard-languages troublesome, and wishes to use 'phonetic typing' (if Google translate hasn't patented it, yet:-).

Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Thank you, Wikiwide!

I have of course tested many virtual-keyboard settings with all dictionaries. Especially arabic/hebrew for the right-to-left support. But also russian, chinese and all the other non-latin languages.

The english-russian translation works well in both directions, as all the other translations do.

I have also linked to http://chrm.info/cms/dingmee-translator-dicts in the Ovi store description, so anyone can see which dictionaries are supported before they download the app. It is not necessary to use the comment field for questions like this...

Sorry, but Im a little bit frustrated. Are they all not able to write an email?

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Thanks for update!
they probably don't know how to use it. I wrote a little explanation in Russian, maybe it will help.
I sent it as review in ovi store.

Last edited by Schturman; 2013-01-23 at 15:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much, Schturman!

can you port this to n900?plz

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosiomm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by mosiomm View Post
can you port this to n900?plz
Quick reply...
I use QStardict and GoldenDict on N900.
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
dingmee, offline, translator