Poll: Delet the values from the speedpatch?
Poll Options
Delet the values from the speedpatch?

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Batterypatch CURRENT VERSION IS: 5.6
but apt-cache policy gives me

Code:
IroN900:/dev/cgroup/cpu/user# apt-cache policy batterypatch
batterypatch:
  Installed: 5.2
  Candidate: 5.2
  Version table:
 *** 5.2 0
        500 http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/free Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
Greetz,

J4ZZ

Last edited by J4ZZ; 2012-02-17 at 18:13.

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Antwerp Belgium
Originally Posted by Mohammad View Post
same here
latest speedpatch rocks

thank you
Same for batterypatch, they both rocks

Thx Karam
surfing the web, navigate, chat, ttweet, email, scan, hack, share, tweak...
.....................and you can also use him to make a call

The Following User Says Thank You to peter2p For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by yrannadx View Post
While experienced contributors clearly are explaining and proving why the patch is useless, other users are claiming battery improvement. It might be that some users don't know how to load for example dsp profile, and for that reason battery patch was helping them.
Just to chime in, I think you're talking explicitly about battery-patch here, yes? I ask because while I agree that battery-patch has little to add in the way of additional value vs just installing and configuring KP, I do see some potential in speed-patch. Especially the most recent version that cooperates with Nokia's existing cgroup functionality, vs replacing it.

I agree that battery-patch has probably come to the point where it's no longer useful, beyond automating the overclock process. But I don't think the same is true necessarily of speed-patch. Understand, I don't use either on my device. But I also don't run lots of other apps or scripts on my device that others here find useful or advantageous.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by karam View Post
i haves posted about pmconfig and you have shouted on me because i didn't explained enough
What?

I was having a conversation, just before you chimed in, with someone who asked if changing pmconfig would be effective while he was using battery-patch. I told him, factually: No, changing pmconfig would not be effective because battery-patch changes the config on the fly.

The post here quotes your post in the K49 thread, where you said:
and woody ?? (again)! i have never stated that i have adapted cgroup to syspart before
didn't like this from u
NOWHERE did mention anything about cgroups, or syspart, or anything related to either. In fact, the only mention of speed-patch at all was that I noted your comment in this thread that the "new speed-patch" had a major change in how it worked. And for that reason, I said there was no way to know if it was still seamlessly removable, as the last version was, until an independent review of the package was done.

So tell me, what did you mean by the quote above? Where did you see me claiming anything about what you had done, or how you had done it? I haven't said a single thing about cgroups or syspart. You put words in my mouth, which is frankly rude and not something I tolerate.

IF YOU NOTICED THAT THEIR IS NONE OF THE CODES YOU GAVE ME WHICH I USED !!
Really? I mentioned in this thread weeks ago that you should be wrapping backup commands with checks to make sure they didn't already exist. We rehashed that again in PM minutes before your latest release, and such code is now in your latest script. (That's a good thing, btw.)

You used a less-efficient method, doing if [ -f x.sp] then exit; else mv x x.sp; fi instead of the suggestion I made of if [ ! -e x.sp] then mv x x.sp; fi, but in essence it's the same thing. Yes, you "did it on your own", but you didn't even have the idea that it needed to be done until I noted it. The fact that previous versions of speed-patch were causing xterm errors is evidence and a direct result of you not doing this type of checking in the past. The fact that the xterm errors existed for as long as they did is evidence that you didn't know how to solve the issue until you were helped with it.

NOW THIS IS CHILDISH
Yes, using all caps, and claiming people said things about you when they did not is childish. Which is exactly what you've done, repeatedly in the past 2 days.

Tell me, which is more childish?
  • Responding politely to PM requests for help on scripting while that same person is bashing you in a public forum, any lying about what you said.
  • Claiming repeatedly that someone said something they never said, and throwing a hissy fit about it when they call you on it.
Who is being more mature?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
It depends on what you are doing in those couple of days.Me for example Im using My N900 for:

-Bluetooth connection to the stereo in my car
-GPS
-Constant 3g streaming of internet radio to my stereo.
-browsing the internet
-emails
-watching some videos
-background full of widgets
-.....and so on, and I still have 2 days of battery.
is that with a stock battery as well? i'm going to retest for my own conclusion.

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Just to chime in, I think you're talking explicitly about battery-patch here, yes?
Yes, I mean battery-patch is useless, but in the same time, even if speed-patch would have potential, I think that potential is already compromised considering all these endless discussions.

When such disputes exists, maybe a poll about these two patches would bring interesting results. Not sure if a poll inside this forum, or on a specialized site that rejects double voting by IP. Let's vote, and see how many users think the patches are useful and how many people don't. What do you think?

i may say that batterypatch functionality is doubtfull
but my batterygraphs prove that it's better is standby and in continues time

speedpatch latest version
simply super !

still these discussion are endless

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
@J4ZZ
i will update 1st post later
but v 5.2 !? this is old

@woody14619
as i said before i didn't mean to rude
but after i saw your post in the previous pages
i got angry a bit
again my apologies

oh and for coding
check speedpatch's posint, preinst, prerm, postrm scripts
you have suggested a better way backing .profile and .bashrc
but i didn't back up any thing
instead i have just injected and deinjected

Last edited by karam; 2012-02-17 at 21:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to karam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
i respect tremendously freeman and woody..i unninstalled karams profiles tks to their warnings in the past and i am glad i did..dont care about bpatch as i am really satisfied with dsp profile..as for spatch..i tried it again..and so far its finally bug free and i must say that as always my phone seems faster...

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
btw..sad that this arguments are getting so harsh as the results of them are apparently really good..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ed_boner For This Useful Post:

Tags
autobrick, awesome-script, do no install, f***epitaph, install it now, perfect_ n900, script-a-brick, very safe