Notices

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Does anyone know how to get this to work with PR1.3? It's not showing up in the drop down menu.

Thanks

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Genova (Italy)
Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
Does anyone know how to get this to work with PR1.3? It's not showing up in the drop down menu.

Thanks
Same problem here...

The Following User Says Thank You to MaddogG For This Useful Post:
I'm begging for an update or fix. Or even both!

For what it's worth, it's working with PR1.3 for me. It didn't work immediately after the upgrade, but I ended up re-flashing anyway, then installed advanced-interface-switcher and it worked.

I see there are a number of suggested improvements in there already - so I hope I'm not repeating what went before, but my main gripe with it is that it won't shut down BT while there is an active BT connection. So I end up using bluezwitch anyway because it can do this.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Florida
I too am having problems with Advanced Interface Switcher (and Advanced Power Monitor, program made by same author) not showing up on the applet menu (or statusbar, or whatever that thing is called).

As per OP's suggestion for debugging, i ran
Code:
python /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/advanced-interface-switcher.py 1
But it said
Code:
 [Errno 2] No such file or directory
did a quick "ls" to see what files were in /usr/lib/hildon-desktop; the problem was and it turns out you have to use underscores "_" instad of dashes "-".

So the correct code to run is
Code:
python /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/advanced_interface_switcher.py 1
Anyway, after running the python script i get this as an output
Code:
process 4681: arguments to dbus_connection_get_data() were incorrect, assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 5757.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-bus library.
process 4681: arguments to dbus_connection_set_data() were incorrect, assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 5721.
Aborted
Now, I dont know what to do from here. I know enough about linux just to break it, but not how to fix it

Thanks to anyone who tries to pick at this, its greatly appreciated.

BACKSTORY: I had this same problem but i cant remember if it was before or after PR1.3. The programs failed to show up, but after some time, they both started working...it might have to do with D-Bus itself, but im not sure. And yes, i did the whole "reflash" then "reboot" then "reboot again". No dice. Also tried POWATOOLS and see if enabling then disabling would fix. No go.

But when the program does work (along with Advanced Power Monitor) they are awesome. I don't know why this isn't enabled by default in Maemo?

EDIT: Ran the same command for Advanced Power
Code:
python /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/advanced_power.py 1
Got nearly the same output
Code:
process 4682: arguments to dbus_connection_get_data() were incorrect, assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 5757.
process 4682: arguments to dbus_connection_set_data() were incorrect, assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 5721.
Aborted
Only the process number changed. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Last edited by vebulous; 2010-11-19 at 05:22. Reason: Update info

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
A simple/noob way to get this app working that I've found, is to install this app last after all of your apps are installed. It just works.

The Following User Says Thank You to joshv06 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
A simple/noob way to get this app working that I've found, is to install this app last after all of your apps are installed. It just works.
Yeah, i tried that when i did my latest reflash. But even after installing Advanced power last, then rebooting (as suggested after installing anything) the applet still didnt show up.

Hi I stumbled on a fix for me.

Firstly uninstall advanced-power and advanced-interface-manager.

I then uninstalled from terminal python-dbus and Python-imaging

So in X term:

root

apt-get remove python-dbus

Note: Uninstalling python-dbus will affect some apps installed and these apps will be removed with it.

then:

apt-get remove python-imaging

run: apt-get update

After this reinstall Python-dbus and python-imaging

apt-get install python-dbus

apt-get install python-imaging

once this has completed for me advanced power and interface manager worked after reboot.But did work before reboot just was a bit messed up (showing power bar in GSM position etc).

Hope this helps

Last edited by SOLIDSNAKE; 2011-01-22 at 00:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to SOLIDSNAKE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
I flashed my n900, advanced interface switcher and advanced power are some of the apps i want to install
after many attempts and they failed to appear on the status bar, I'm able to make it works.
here's what I tried:
basically I installed advanced interface switcher reboot,
then uninstall it reboot,
reinstall again... it appear on the status bar...
and the advanced power also appear...
I don't know why but it works...
hope it helps others.

The Following User Says Thank You to motom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
For those having problems with fresh install on PR1.3: somehow new firmware fails to install advanced-power-common correctly, all you need is to reinstall advanced-power-common.

The Following User Says Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post: